Finding out sex - are they ever wrong?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sally Posts: 1140
Have me scan next week and we are going to try find out sex if its possible.... just wondering have ye heard stories where they said it would be a boy/girl and the oppisite came out. Think if they say its a boy its pretty accurate but if they say its a girl they might be wrong.... is that right?
mammybean Posts: 10364
ya happened to a girl here in tramore last yr or the yr before. she was after buying everything she needed and bought it all in pink. she had a boy. I think they say it to you though when scannng you that its not 100% how are you keeping?
The Fitness Dock Posts: 130
I, along with everyone else, was sure it our baby was going to be a boy until the scan revealed it would be a girl. At this stage, we've named our baby and had a Baby Shower. So if it turns out to be a boy, he had better used to liking the colour pink! :o0 PAUL
Sleep Monster Posts: 2829
I've heard a story about them getting it wrong alright.. but only through a friend of a friend of a friend. I reckon it's pretty accurate.
littledolly Posts: 393
I know of four people in the last year who found out the sex and it proved to be wrong - all with different hospitals and consultants. One girl was told at 3 different scans that she was having a girl, and it turned out to be a boy.
shocked22 Posts: 511
I know of at least 3 people who were told they were having one sex and hey presto! they had the other!!!! Have to say this is a major factor in me not wanting to find out......that and the element of surprise!!
fire fly Posts: 1241
Hi! I asked for all 3 of mine, and they said they were boy's and they were!
mammybean Posts: 10364
[quote="shocked22":zft95t1h]I know of at least 3 people who were told they were having one sex and hey presto! they had the other!!!! Have to say this is a major factor in me not wanting to find out......that and the [b:zft95t1h]element of surprise!![/b:zft95t1h][/quote:zft95t1h] you would get some surprise if you were expecting one and got the other
Sphynx Posts: 6795
I'd say stick to cream/lemon/lime colours just in case!
sally Posts: 1140
Ok ill be prepared for a surprise so!!! Wont be stocking up on pink/blue depending on what they say. Just making out a list of stuff to buy for baby and birth.... my god ill end up in shopaholics anonymous. Theres so much to get... dont know how ill afford it all. Anyone started buying yet. Havent got much yet... just one little cardi and have been given a crib and a big teddy bear. Will start doing bits and pieces after scan next week.