I heard there was a fire in Dromoland Castle this morning and 2 men were injured.
They must have a load of weddings coming up, even tomorrow, but in case there's any dromoland castle brides here, you might want to give them a call.
Hope they're ok.
Friday April 04 2008
Two men have been injured, one of them seriously, in a fire at Dromoland Castle in Co Clare, this morning.
The men are understood to have been laying felt on the roof of the hotel when a small gas bottle exploded, leaving them with serious burns.
The building was evacuated and the two victims were airlifted to hospital.
Fire brigade units from Ennis and Shannon attended the scene along with several ambulances and paramedic teams.
Little Miss Naughty
report above is incorrect.
Was talking to a hotel employee yesterday. The 2 men were replacing a stained glass window. The fumes from the work they had been doing (varnish apparently) ignited and caused a fireball.
Both men badly burned.
No need for any worry, hotel not damaged and from what I hear has no impact on future weddings.
Hopefully the 2 men are ok and will recover....
wants the wedding cost refunded! can't say I blame her!!!
The fire has had no impact on the hotel for wedding facilities.
There was a wedding in Dromoland the day of the fire, the bride was getting ready in the room next door to the one where the fire started.
Wedding went ahead as the function hall is at the other side of the castle so was not affected.
She is looking for comp tho