Menu

fire the laserrrrr UPDATE it's a miracle!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrs bmw Posts: 6447
oh my god girls getting my eyes lasered on the 9th May, no more glasses :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
shattered Posts: 322
ooooooooohhh... sorely tempted to do that too shera... let me know how you get on please!
No worries I plan on doing a little diary about the whole thing on here so that people thinking about it will know what its REALLY like!!!
RainbowBright Posts: 1425
Fair play to you Shera. I am sticking with my contact lenses. I am a wuss where my eyes are concerned.
Ms4eva Posts: 285
Oh thinking of getting mine done now I heard that Optilase are doing it with VHI or certainly giving a discount to members which would be great. Can I ask how much it is costing you?
Bunnybaby Posts: 2701
Best of Luck Shera.....it will be the best decision you have ever made....guarantee you... :wv
Service Finder
[quote="Ms4eva":3noqmv5c]Oh thinking of getting mine done now I heard that Optilase are doing it with VHI or certainly giving a discount to members which would be great. Can I ask how much it is costing you?[/quote:3noqmv5c] Its costing €2790 €1795 per eye with the advanced wavefront laser €1000 discount €200 fee for surgeon 20% tax relief but can't claim back until next year i'm scared!!!!!!!!!
you will be fine shera honestly if i can go through with it anyone can .....i brought my h2b with me and he was allowed come in and sit beside me and i squeezed the living daylights out of his hand :o0 it sounds alot worse than it actually is once the pain relief drops go in you really dont feel a thing..you will be very blurry when you come out first you cant drive or anything like that but that passes as the day goes on best thing to do is just go home and try and sleep
Yeah my Mam is coming in with me, I am excited nervous and scared all in one go! I suppose just worried about the nightime vision but with the glasses I have at the moment there is a starbust effect with lights in the nightime so I reckon I can handle it. I only do 30 mins dark driving Monday - Friday in the winter time so you have to weigh it all up.
yea the nighttime driving is a bit dodgy alright, sometimes i do see double like theres two lanes of traffic coming for me,.,but if it gets really bad just pull over and relax your eyes but its only if im really very tired so you should be fine