First appointment, What happens?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

breeze Posts: 1175
Rang the Coombe and i have booked Dr. D'Arcy. I have to meet him on the 25th May. Can anyone tell me what happens and what he does. I know ive to meet the Midwife and get my file and stuff sorted but not sure about the rest. thanks in advance :thnk
pattie Posts: 2379
Not sure about the Coombe but generally you have to give your medical history to the midwife, and your DH's too if he's coming with you. They will want one or two urine samples and if you haven't got your bloods done already at the GP they may take blood too. You may need your PPS numbers and a letter from your GP (including the original blood test results if you've done that already). The consultant might scan you then.
breeze Posts: 1175
thanks for that, know i know what to expect O-O O-O
pattie Posts: 2379
You're welcome, best of luck with it, enjoy the scan, it's really exciting :o)ll
Snugglebuggle Posts: 1084
Hi All Just wondering what kindof a reception you got from your doctor when you got your BFP ?mine was'nt great I know it was my doctor but she was doing the Emergency doctor yesterday as I could'nt get an appointment yest morning I went to her then in afternoon this is only my second time with her. I thought she'd be more thrilled for us especially when I had told her we were TTc ,did'nt give me much details I had to ask her to do a urine test I said that the clearblue came up positive just wanted her to check. Told me what to eat /drink etc and said to come back next week to go through everything that it was still too early in the pregnancy to jump into things by next week it shold be ok ??? I had to even ask her about the date that she thinks I'd be due so upsetting when I was excited going in and could'nt wait to ring hubbie.
Snugglebuggle Posts: 1084
Sorry Breeze Meant to post this to you and do a separate post also.will do that not. Thanks :o)ll