First appt in Rotunda Private

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Penny_Bride2Be Posts: 254
I'm due to go for my first appt next week to the Rotunda (private). Am assuming that we will get a scan but someone in work told me that this might not happen until the next visit (they were semi-private so not sure if that makes a difference). Will be so disappointed if I don't get a scan- myself and husband really excited about it. Anyone know what I can expect??
amberjack Posts: 1273
I went private with Dr Rishi, on my first appointment, I initially met with a midwife who did bloods, weight, asked loads of questions etc and then I went to see the consultant and got a scan. I was there very month until the last month nd then it was 2 weeks and then 1 week. Got a scan every time. Good luck, who is your consultant?
Fergal Malone is the consultant. Thanks for that! Put my mind at rest..we've just been so excited at the idea of the scan and would have been very disappointing to just get bloods etc
amberjack Posts: 1273
Apparently Fergal Malone does 3d scans which is even better!
Thumbelina Posts: 2340
I'm with Fergal Malone, 3rd time round!! He's lovely! You'll see him in the RCSI building which is to the right of the private clinic out the back of the hospital. There's signs for it. You'll get a scan every visit, he has a fab scanning machine where you watch your baby on a flat screen tv in front of you. Fiona is the Sonographer, she's lovely. She'll usually do your scan, take bp, etc & then you'll go down to Prof's office & have a chat with him. He'll have watched your scan from his computer in the office so will be aware of everything. On some apps Prof might do your scan if Fiona is on a day off. The scans are really detailed, you'll never feel rushed & there's loads of time for questions. Best of luck x
Thanks Thumbalina!!
Just wanted to post an update- all went greatat the scan. Fergal was lovely- really took loads of time with us, and his scan facilities are amazing! Thanks for all the input beforehand..