FIRST DANCE/LAST DANCE DJ or Band?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

caitni2000 Posts: 434
I’m starting to think about the music for our wedding. We’re having a live band play for about 2hrs followed by a DJ into the wee hours. I know what our “First Dance” is going to be, but also want a “last dance”... however I don’t know if the band are better doing this or the DJ? I would like the drifters “Save the last Dance for me” however I think the band would play a livelier version of this – though it would be nice to save it for the very last dance – then we’ll have to pick another DJ “first dance” and “last dance”
Double Cocktail Music Posts: 205
[quote="caitni2000":42jx64q1]I’m starting to think about the music for our wedding. We’re having a live band play for about 2hrs followed by a DJ into the wee hours. I know what our “First Dance” is going to be, but also want a “last dance”... however I don’t know if the band are better doing this or the DJ? I would like the drifters “Save the last Dance for me” however I think the band would play a livelier version of this – though it would be nice to save it for the very last dance – then we’ll have to pick another DJ “first dance” and “last dance”[/quote:42jx64q1] Hi Caitni2000, according to the lyrics I think "Save the last dance for me" would be a good choice for the last dance. Other ones are for example, the voyage, you never walk alone etc. For first dances there are many options as well, some couples choose a ballad, which doesn't include too much dancing and other ones go for more of a dance song. My advise would be to choose a song which lyrics appeal to you. After all the first dance is a special moment for the both of you shared with all your family and friends. So should be one of your favourites! Below our top ten of most popular first dances, maybe of help to you. 1. From this Moment - Shania Twain 2. Amazed - Lonestar 3. Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol 4. Nobody does it Better - Carly Simon 5. Thank you for loving me - Bon Jovi 6. Better together - Jack Johnson 7. Let's stay together - Al Green 8. Everything I do, I do it for you - Brian Adams 9. I still believe in you - Vince Gill 10. I'm Alive - Celine Dion Good luck on your choice! Friendly regards, Stefanie :wv