First Dance - opinions please

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrsshorty Posts: 67
We've chosen Bob Marley's 'Is This Love' as our first dance song. But both have us have two left feet so we plan to start practicing as soon as possible. Could anybody that knows this song please suggest a type of dance that would suit the speed of the song. Waltz, Foxtrot, slow-dance?? We're open to any suggestions as to what might suit the tempo of the song and then we'll start learning it, thanks
mrsshorty Posts: 67
We're open to any suggestions?! :-8
Tipp2016 Posts: 72
Hi I don't know the song but just listened to it . You could do a slower type quick step . Think it too fast for a fox trot I'm not a dance teacher or anything but our parents had us all dancing before we could walk I think lol . It's a lot of pressure to take on to learn to dance . If ye getting professional lessons they will suggest what's best . We're not having traditional first dance as my h2b doesn't dance full stop and he would not be able to enjoy the day thinking about it . We're just going to have something that gets everyone up off their seats into dance floor and we will just join them . Best of luck hope ye have great day and dance .
lynchswife Posts: 81
I googled it to see if I could find you an answer and I found this :o0 Get practicing! :yelrotflmaosmilie: All joking aside, its a very awkard beat to dance to. I always find choreographed first dances a bit cringe, especially if you already have 2 left feet. Back to basics with the teenage disco dance is more natural, your arms around his neck, his arms around your hips. Cheeky ass grab like your 15 again! :yelrotflmaosmilie: But if you really did want to perform a dance could you look at maybe finding an acoustic version? You could do a lovely rumba (dance of love) if it was slowed right down?