First Fitting - what to expect?? - Updated

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

nicknax Posts: 280
Hi, I have my first fitting today and I'm a little nervous, I dont really know what to expect. I have the underwear and my shoes so taking them. My BM's are also having their fittings and we have the underwear and shoes too. We are not going to the bridal shop, they don't do alterations. They have recommeded someone though. Our apt is at 2pm.
petersgirl Posts: 1568
Hi Nicknax, how did you get on? It's just a lot of standing there getting pins in the dress isn't it? ended up my bra didn't do, so I'm going without and they are sewing boosters into the dress - oops
may2111 Posts: 55
Hi Nicknax, Would love to hear how you got on today. Have my first fitting on tuesday morning and have no idea how long it will take or what goes on... :thnk
Hi, Just to update - we had a great day thanks. It is a lot of standing around getting pins put in and taken out and adjusting the lenghts. I went first - got changed into my bra ( it was black but the bra shop didn't have my size in the cream lace one so give me this until the other comes in.) Then into the dress and shoes. I came out into the room and got oohhs and aahhs. I have lost weight since I got the dress and it's really noticable now. I then stood this way and that way while the said pins were inserted. When I was happy with the length etc I had to take the dress off :weep and put my normal clothes on. The good news is that it has to be taken in 3 to 4 inches round the waist and hips. :o)ll :o)ll Next each of the girls went in and tried on their underwear and shoes with the dresses. Then they came out and got pinned up. This process seemed to be a lot quicker as they only needed the length pinned up and also the straps taken up. We were all back in our normal clothes and it was time to discuss when the next fitting was. It's gonna be the end of the month so I'm excited to see what way the dress will fit without pins. :) All in all the appointment was 1hr long so plenat of time for a girly afternoon. We went shopping afterwards and it was a great afternoon. Sorry for the long post but I hope its useful to someone and thanks for reading.
Daisy Row Posts: 3650
[quote="nicknax":2297ktao] The good news is that it has to be taken in 3 to 4 inches round the waist and hips. :o)ll :o)ll [/quote:2297ktao] Well done you :o)ll I dream of having the same 'problem' when I eventually go for fittings :o0
Mari yay Posts: 4045
[quote="nicknax":jdz4frwp] The good news is that it has to be taken in 3 to 4 inches round the waist and hips. :o)ll :o)ll [/quote:jdz4frwp] Good on ya girl I'd say that was a great feeling!!!
Thanks for the comments. I have been running for the past few months so that has helped.
[quote="nicknax":2u9oyxh1]Thanks for the comments. I have been running for the past few months so that has helped.[/quote:2u9oyxh1] Me too! Just started in Jan, how are you getting on with it? Once I got into it I find its a good stress reliever, but sometimes I feel like I am still only starting, don't know how I will ever be able to run a proper distance!
Well done you getting into the running, i find it great and get a buzz from it. But I have been out sick for the last few weeks so really missing it now. I have worked up from being unable to run at all to completing the Operation Transformation 5K and I am working towards a 10K in 4 weeks time. Fingers crossed I get back to my training cos if im still out sick I will miss out. Wishing you the best with your training.
[quote="nicknax":1eq63931]Well done you getting into the running, i find it great and get a buzz from it. But I have been out sick for the last few weeks so really missing it now. I have worked up from being unable to run at all to completing the Operation Transformation 5K and I am working towards a 10K in 4 weeks time. Fingers crossed I get back to my training cos if im still out sick I will miss out. Wishing you the best with your training.[/quote:1eq63931] Thanks, OH is training me, he runs marathons, he is convinced I will some day run a 10k, but I can't see how I will ever manage!! :o0 Will stick with it though am loving the results :o)ll Congrats on the 5k, and best of luck with the 10k!