first gyne appointment

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

zoe f Posts: 104
does anyone know what exactly goes on have mine on the 27 th jan
neeov Posts: 4256
Private: Filled out some forms with medical info Meet with midwife. She took history, blood pressure, weight and checked urine for glucose, infection and protein. Blood tests already done by GP so she attached these to my file. The met with consultant Scan to see baby. arranged other appointments, talked over concerns etc. That was about it. It took 1 hr with no waiting. Scan was great, I was very happy to see the baby and it was very developed and moving about at 12 weeks. Hope you have a great appointment
thanks for your help looking forward to it? do you book your own gyne
My GP booked mine for me but I know other people book direct. Some places are very busy so its good to get this arranged as soon s possible. Where are you located?
goingmad Posts: 657
I have mine on wednesday - bit nervous about it to be honest. If you're bloods have been done already but GP - even though it was about 7 weeks ago - will they be done again?
My bloods were not done again my first gyne visit. Once the GP has done them its the same lab that would do them again. Mine were checked again for iron and thyroid in the second trimester but that was because I was having very bad exhaustion. Lots of the things in the blood tests will not change over pregnancy, like your rubella immunity and your blood type. You might be checked again but it would be for iron etc rather than the full blood check at the beginning.
goingmad Posts: 657
Thanks for that neevo - I'll make sure that I have something sugary in my bag so - don't want to be hitting the ground on my first visit! :o0 :o0
im in cork city
Zoe, Gynes in cork book up quickly, its a good idea to get it sorted asap. I am with Keelin O'Donogue in the consultants private clinic and she is very nice. Very easy to talk to. They only take a small amount of blood, about a teaspoon I think, so no danger of feeling faint. That said, I nearly hit the floor after getting up from a scan once, I was so dizzy and nearly passed out!
i know trying to get it sorted as soon as i can did you ring the hospital