first hospital visit this week

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

aylala Posts: 3673
cant believe the time has arrived for us to go to holles st for our first visit. :o)ll it felt so far away when i booked in at 4 weeks pregnant. Any tips or advice on holles st first visit for me? Will i get a pic of the scan? Were semi and seeing dr rhona
NewMom1 Posts: 1252
Aylala i would say turn up early as you will be getting your bloods taken so even if your appt card says 2.30 got for around 1.30 or so, semi p clinic opens at 1. I always go around then as you are just given a number to queue to doesnt really matter what it says on the card. I don't know what room Dr Rhona is in so cant say if you will get a scan or not, they generally do on the first visit though. My first visit was midwofe only for bloods etc and i got one, then first cons appt with Dr Keane and we also got one. Make sure you have gotten your booking reference and I think thats about all you need. Best of luck with it anyway, i have to say i love my visits!
Aylala i would say turn up early as you will be getting your bloods taken so even if your appt card says 2.30 got for around 1.30 or so, semi p clinic opens at 1. I always go around then as you are just given a number to queue to doesnt really matter what it says on the card. I don't know what room Dr Rhona is in so cant say if you will get a scan or not, they generally do on the first visit though. My first visit was midwofe only for bloods etc and i got one, then first cons appt with Dr Keane and we also got one. Make sure you have gotten your booking reference and I think thats about all you need. Best of luck with it anyway, i have to say i love my visits!
aylala Posts: 3673
thanks for advice double l i totally forgot booking ref. We both took day off work to have a rest and not be rushing in. Have big scan in 3 weeks then omg halfway there then :eek
yeah its a big occasion alright! You can ring in the morning for the booking ref, i rang for mine while i was there in the queue!! DH has come with me to all appts, he would be afraid the one time he misses an appt i will be scanned! We took the day off for our big scan also and then went for a nice lunch in town, any reason to celebrate. Best of luck tomorrow hun xx
Busy Mom Posts: 2910
Ayala, just looking up advice for first hosp apts. I'm SP in Holles St too. Do i need any info with me? someone said to me they ask you your mother and MIL's pregnancy history?!?! is that right??