first movement/kicks

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

1sttimemomma2b Posts: 6
This is my first pregnancy & am just heading into wk 22 - to date I haven't experienced any feeling - just wondering when anyone else started to feel their baby move or kick?
summer daisy Posts: 1336
Hi there Felt first kicks reasonably early (about 18 weeks) but my friend didn't feel them until 25 weeks so everyone is completely different. The baby is probably facing backwards so kicks are not so obivous... HTH - big hugs :o)ll :o)ll
charli Posts: 5994
mine was 20 weeks - everyone was asking me and i thought maybe the kicks were so slight that i didn't notice - WRONG! the first kick that i felt at 20 weeks startled me it was so obvious - congrats!!!! they just say in first pg you aren't as aware of the kicks but you'll get a real obvious one soon!
andypandy28 Posts: 553
Im 19 weeks now, by my dates and 20 by the hospital dates. I felt my movements about 17 weeks, first it was light but now its big movements that are like something pulling and a little uncomfortable, although lovely. They are frequent now, every few hours. When is your scan? Im sure you will feel them any day now.
1sttimemomma2b Posts: 6
Tks Ladies - good to know - looking forward to the first one!. :o)ll
charli Posts: 5994
i started crying - it was that much of a sensation!
Ducky Posts: 2506
I started feeling movement like swishing at about 16/17 weeks. By 19 weeks I was getting bubbles popping and after that, I started getting strong flutters. Now I get booted quite hard at times, especially on one side and down low. If I push, I get kicked back and can see my bump move. It's absolutely fab...love it. Except the tango on my bladder sometimes...