First Scan??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Kop Mama Posts: 804
Hi girls, Can anyone tell me when is the norm to have first scan?? I am on my second baby but I had first scan on ds because of pain so was referred to the epu. No pain this time thank god so was just wondering when i would get first scan? I will be attending the coombe.
fifibelle Posts: 4447
I am Holles Str. but I think the Coombe scan is at around 12 weeks! :wv
volvic35 Posts: 1118
Im going to the Coombe, I was scanned at my first appt they take your medical history etc... then a dating scan. I was told I wouldn't have any more scans unless something was wrong which I haven't thank god and then at my 28week scan they scanned me and said Id be scanned again at 37weeks just to check what weight baby might be at birth. They were offering it to alot of the girls. Hope this helps. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy it goes way to fast.
Oh I know I still cant believe it. I cant wait for scan it makes it real to see the little heartbeat on screen. I dont think that I enjoyed my first pregnancy or took time to really enjoy it but i certainly will embrace this one with both hands. *)
Jaycee1 Posts: 150
I've got mine on Friday and will be 13 weeks - am sooooo excited :o)ll :o)ll
Hoping42 Posts: 536
You should call the Coombe now and book yourself in. I phoned at around your stage and my first appointment was at 11 weeks 5 days, had a follow up 4 weeks later and was scanned at both :o)ll
Did your dates change at all when you were scanned?? I was way off on first baby :-8