First shower after birth

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

geeklover Posts: 831
Sorry if this one's been done before but I just want to check. For those of you who have already had given birth, did you have your shower after birth in the delivery room or back on the ward? It might be a stupid question, there may not be bathrooms in the delivery rooms, I have no idea! I'm going to the Rotunda, if that makes any difference. Some of the suggested lists for whats needed in the labour bag say dark towel, I'm guessing for your first shower. Then other lists say nothing. Now in fairness the list in the Rotunda maternity pack says you need it, so I should go with that. I think I may be thrown out of the house if I unpack and repack the labour bag one more time, so hopefully this will be the last time, it's so exciting though, I just can't help it (I keep changing LO's 'first outfit' too, total madness!!) Thanks Ladies!
Bluebear Posts: 1594
Hey Geeklover showers in Rotunda are just off the delivery room. I was able to shower before being moved to ward. While they did supply towels they were the hard scratchy variety (and white) so was glad I had my own fluffy dark towel- girl needs a bit of comfort after all that pushing :o0 I had a natural delivery so was able to have shower straight after birth. There are showers in the wards also. Best of luck with new baba!
Ah that's great Bluebear, thanks for the response. I'll bring my own towel in the labour bag so. Thanks a mil!
Happymammy2010 Posts: 837
I attended the Rotunda (and will again in the next couple of weeks!) but I had an epidural so the midwife just gives you a quick wash as you are not allowed to walk for a couple of hours so I showered back at the ward. I will still bring my own towel as don't plan on an epidural this time if I don't need it and would like to shower as soon as possible after.
Thanks Happymammy. If I don't get to have the shower straight away I'll just make sure I take the towel out of the labour bag and bring to the ward with me. Thanks again.
Lady Penelope Posts: 2019
Anyone know what Holles St is like for this? Hoping to have a private room, anyone know if they have showers?
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
[quote="Lady Penelope":3bvw0lu3]Anyone know what Holles St is like for this? Hoping to have a private room, anyone know if they have showers?[/quote:3bvw0lu3] Depending on how busy they are they'll usually transfer you to ward ASAP so delivery room is free so it can be cleaned and used by soneone else. Your first shower will most likely be in ward. I thought the towel was because if you have long labour you have shower while in labour. To keep mind busy and help dealing with pain. I didn't use it last time so not bothering with it this time. Will just bring a small hand towel. All the delivery rooms in Holles st are private.
Lauri Posts: 195
Anyone know about cumh???? Going public if that makes a differeance :o0
Lauri Posts: 195
Anyone know about cumh???? Going public if that makes a differeance :o0
mamabyrne Posts: 19
Is cumh the shortened version of The Coombe? Im interested to know this too, I'm private. thanks, :o)ll