Menu

First timer ...... Poor me........

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

boyne Posts: 204
I am new here .......... Just feel loosing the run of myself............. This is our first time trying for a baby, am 33, married two years and as my sister got married in May, we held off, now we have had one month trying to conceive, AF was due yesterday and today i have all symptons of it arriving soon, plus the emotions etc etc, Pregnancy test negative yesterday. As just recently started counting dates my cycle can be from 28 to 30 days, it BFN was negative is there any possibility that i can still get a BFP two days later, ( I know stupid question !!!!!?) I have not been on the pill in over 12 months. Have been using OPK, was getting negative results around day 14 but with wedding etc, did not get to track properly. I was not expecting a first time success but guess have CIMA exam next week and feel pretty emotional at the minute, a positive result would have been the lift i needed. Felt sorry for myself yesterday that i ordered a book " Taking charge of your Fertility " As new can some one explain to me the abbreviations please. Pressue and stress not good........ when at work less time to think, this study is a killer. .........
Mrs.slightly bonkers Posts: 3289
Best of luck,Here you go. 2ww | Two Week Wait or the Luteal Phase - 14 DPO on average. AF | Aunt Flo, menstruation, period BBT | Basal Body Temperature BD | Baby Dance, Sex BFN | Big Fat Negative (Result on a HPT) CB | Cycle Buddy CD | Cycle Day CL | Corpus Luteum CM | Cervical Mucus CP | Cervical Position DH | Dear Husband DP | Dancing Partner; spouse, or significant other DPO | Days Past Ovulation EC | Embryo Cyro/Freezing EDD | Estimated Due Date EWCM | Egg-White Cervical Mucus hCG | Human Chorionic Gonadotropin - detected by HPTs HPT | Home Pregnancy Test HSG | Hysterosalpingogram - x-ray ICSI | Microfertilization IUI | Intrauterine Insemination IVF | In Vitro Fertilization KEGELS | The muscle used to stop the flow of urine. Very important to keep it toned by flex & hold. Referred to as doing your Kegels LH | Luteinizing Hormone - detected in OPKs LP | Luteal Phase, days between ov & AF O or OV | Ovulation OPK | Ovulation Predictor Kit PG | Pregnancy, pregnant PNV | Prenatal Vitamin RE | Reproductive Endocronolgist - doctor who specializes in fertility problems SA | Semen Analysis ROBI | A term used which refers to Robitussin or Guaifenesin Syrup (expectorant) used to thin CM TR | Tubal Reversal TTC | Trying To Conceive
sarah to be a mrs Posts: 349
hey boyne having been pregnant recently i can only help a little with some of your Questions. i tested the day of my period and it was BFP but i have heard that you can get a BFN and still be pregnant so maybe test in two days time if your period doesnt come.best of luck with testing again xx :lvs
Thanks Sarah and Slighly Bonkers, Sarah was reading your postings over last few weeks , so sorry to hear your news, chin up pet. Slightly Bonkers thanks for that once theses exams are out of the way i look forward to corresponding with ye all. I guess the fun is in the trying but i do feel better for putting my thoughts on earlier posting.
sarah to be a mrs Posts: 349
thanks boyne i think im over the worst now x best of luck with ttc next month (thats only if you dont get a BFP, hope you do though) and good luck for you exams xx :lvs
mammybean Posts: 10364
yes it is very possible that you can still get a BFP (big fat positive)after then. any sign of your period yet?
No sign of AF yet !!! This is day 30, still have symptoms, will wait another day to see.
My Friend AF arrived.... so guess it back to counting dates........ and can relax for another month.
This is second month TTC for me, i don'tfeel preg. only notice more twinges, i only have perios sickness day before or on the first day so don't think i feel any different. This month i am much more aware of my cycle, ie CM and OP+ on day 15, Had reflexogy twice to help aid ovulation + it really good to relax after exams. don't really feel any different though. I set up a 7 day wait list, but almost 100% certain it BFN for me this month but i much more prepared this month.
jen2 Posts: 3106
Boyne hope all goes well for you. Cant give you much advice as never really ttc. My others were surprise pregnancies, and got pregnant first month ttc on ths pregnancy, but I do know that it can take a little time ttc. Keep the chin up, and the girls are fab on giving advice. :stork: :stork: :stork: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :stork: :stork: :stork: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :stork: :stork: :stork: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: Hope this helps Jen2