First trip to docs

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

broodynewlywed Posts: 164
Hi all, Heading to the doctor tonight and just wondering something. Would it be weird for DH to be there with me actually in the doctor's office or is this normal? I'd like him to be there when we're told our due date and how many weeks gone etc. but don't want to seem weird if this isn't the done thing!
babybliss Posts: 437
I had my hybby with me during the first vsist, in fact he insisted he wanted to be there :) Do what you feel is right for you, there is no right or worng *) Congratulations !!!
hopingforsoon Posts: 1152
You can have your DH with you if you want ... I had figured out our due date / weeks gone already on a website, and the doctor didn't even do a urine test - just took me at my word that I got a positive result on the preg. test, so there was no need for my DH to be there. But by all means, bring him along if that's what you want, don't think there's any "norm" really!
theoracle Posts: 7664
You can have DH there, but don't be dissapointed, first visit to GP is usually quite underwhelming and over with quickly, make sure he is with you at your consultant appt in hospital though when you are having your scan.
Thanks for the replies girls, went to the doctor last night. Brought hubby in wit me too, so it was nice to hear our due date together etc. and for hubby to know that everything seems fine! He didn't do a pregnancy test cos I'd already done 8!! Checked blood pressure, heart and weight and belly! Filled in the form for free gp visits and wrote a letter to Holles Street.
Milis in disguise Posts: 727
That's great! What date did you get?
Due 27th October - but I think he's a few days out cos I've a 33 day cycle and he was working it out on 28 days. I'd say 1st November or so or maybe a Halloween baby! :o)ll
chefmaid Posts: 2426
congrats broodynewlywed :o)ll :o)ll