First wedding dress shopping experiance

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

chaos Posts: 1904
well girls, off I went this morning to Tracy Bridal in galway to try on the maggie sottero dress i couldnt get out of my head. this was my 1st time going wedding shopping. The staff there were brillant. had a fantastic girl helping me and was really honest which i liked. Anyway the dress i went to try was horrible on!! my hips looked about 4 times wider than they are and it felt very restrictive in i couldnt breath or walk! but tried on another maggie dress, just to see the colour as its champagne colour and oh my god, i was blown away! i love it, its really flattering on doesnt look great on web but wow! so its a contender but a few more shops to try in the next couple of months first! :wv
MrsBlues Posts: 5170
Ooh go you! The first day shopping is so much fun, I'm a Maggie bride too. What was the dress you liked?
hi mrs blues! they call it anne in the shop but when i came home couldnt find it on any website but i think its anastasia on the maggie site in champagne colour. the sparkle off it is unreal! [img:z341wv6t]http://images.maggiesottero.com/styles/389_x_529_front/J/J1083.jpg[/img:z341wv6t] whats your one? i was really surprised on teh price too, about 500 less than what i had anticipated!
It's gorgeous chaos, really stunning. I love the tiered look at the hem. Here's mine, any chance to show it off! :o0 [img:3bxqrk88]http://images.maggiesottero.com/styles/389_x_529_front/J/J161.jpg[/img:3bxqrk88]
sillysocks Posts: 1390
Wow chaos thats gorgeous! Do you mind me asking how much ? Haven't started looking yet but I just love that!!
thats gorgeous! i had tried on that type of style but found it quite heavy for me. the dress i like is more onto your colour than the colour in the picture above where did you see yours? finding it very hard to find maggie suppliers in limerick/clare area hence drove to galway at 7 this morning!
hi sillysocks (cool name!) 1420 in tracy bridal. i really thought it would be around 2k mark. the veil to match is only 80 euro!! has the crystals on it which really shows it off. love the back of it too. [img:2bdv3mtf]http://images.maggiesottero.com/styles/389_x_529_back/J/J1083.jpg[/img:2bdv3mtf] when its arranged around you its fab. not too long which i like and i didnt even feel like i was wearing anything, its soooo comfy on. :o)ll
I've ordered it from Alexanders in Dublin, there's a list of suppliers on the Maggie site if that helps you at all.
ya saw that, have to go over it again and see if i can narrow down the search, cheers! O-O
sillysocks Posts: 1390
Thanks for that info.... I'm hoping to keep my dress to around 1,500 so that would be perfect! And veil is very cheap too, always a bonus. Will definitely have to add Alexanders to my list for wedding shopping then. Really like that dress. Getting married abroad so don't want anything too big or heavy.