Menu

First wedding related rant

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Wifey-Pooh Posts: 2125
I kinda feel privileged to post my first wedding related rant!! :o0 I asked PIL2B for a list of FAMILY that will need rooms to be reserved (hotel only has 29 rooms). I get a list of H2B siblings and PIL2B FRIENDS!! I will NOT book rooms for parents friends above ours. FFS O:|
lucylou07 Posts: 560
eh, forget it! as far as hotel rooms go, my opinion is as long as immediate family are organised, it's every man for himself! What, people can't ring up the hotel & book themselves a room? Madness.
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
I would definitely make sure your own friends were taken care of first, agree with lucylou07 though. After immediate family let your friend know about it but sort their own.
MrsOBrien1412 Posts: 3971
Book the room for family and have a quick e-mail, ring around both sets of mates to give them the heads up and tell them to book their rooms asap, hold off booking the parents mates and hopefully when you go to do it for them the hotel will be booked out ! (ok I know that's evil)
Princess Cinders Posts: 11475
Just tell them that as rooms are limited, families on both sides get priority and anyone else will have to contact hotel directly to see if there is any availablity
Mrs Hoot Posts: 135
Have your invitations gone out yet? If not, send out a list of accomodation in the area to all the parents friends and any one else that might stay. I would just take care of both families & leave everyone else to sort themselves out accomodation-wise, you will have enough to be doing your self with everything else.
Inline - Algarve WP
Wifey-Pooh Posts: 2125
[quote="mrsob2b":hktqkr66]Book the room for family and have a quick e-mail, ring around both sets of mates to give them the heads up and tell them to book their rooms asap, hold off booking the parents mates and hopefully when you go to do it for them the hotel will be booked out ! (ok I know that's evil)[/quote:hktqkr66] That's what I've done....will now delay in telling PIL2B that their friends are not on the preferred list!! >:o) Chri$t - NOW I know why people complain about families at wedding times!!
Pixie1 Posts: 66
Try not to get involved in the booking of hotel rooms.. you were brave to offer to PIL2B in the first place!! Just let all the guests worry about their own accommodation and you just worry about enjoying YOUR day!!! Best of luck with the rest of the planning!! :wv
alwaysbridesmaid Posts: 59
Surely you should only look after yours and immediate family/Bridemsaids/Grromsmen only. After that I'd say every man for himself. Send out hotel/b&b list in area with invites and people book own.
MRSWJ Posts: 540
I learned (too late mind you) to let everyone book their own rooms and leave you out of it. We had the same problem. We asked PIL (or outlaws) for a list of who was staying at hotel. We had 20 blocked booked rooms and we were giving them all to PIL (travelling from the UK) and we would book my parents/family in seprately. PIL only took 10 rooms so we gave the other 10 rooms to my family. THEN PIL couldn't remember who they had on their list so instead of phoning us to find their friends booked their own rooms so everyone was double booked O:| O:| O:| NIGHTMARE. My advice, let them book themselves and if they don't get a room tough. I know, I know, hindsight is a wonderful thing [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img:63mj12pb]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10716;6/st/20070617/e/1st+Anniversary+/dt/6/k/f35e/event.png[/img:63mj12pb] [/url]