Fitness Buddy Wanted!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MichelleBelle Posts: 202
Hi girls, I'm a size 12 and 5'3 so while I'm not incredibly huge, I am overweight and like all women, want to lose the flab! I'm looking for another girl to kind of buddy up with - to swap email addresses and phone numbers and keep each other motivated every day, compare what we've eaten and how much exercise has been done etc. I used to do this with my sister and it really kept me motivated, but she's lost the buzz for it :duh: :o( Anyone interested? Come on you flabby lot, anyone with me?!! :o0
happycamper2 Posts: 452
Hi I would definetly be interested... i NEED thst extra bit of motivation... I have an aim and a goel... Am going to join the gym tonight, as i can not put it off for any longer... What kind of exercise are you doing?? have you done any of the slimming world/ weight watchers? what have you found that has worked for you?? Sal
That's the problem, I have found NOTHING that works for me! I done weight watchers in the past and the weight dropped off but I went with a friend, i wouldn't be mad about going by myself. I was going to join Slimming World online but to be honest, I can't afford it - 70e for 3 months I think it was? I know that if I break that down to a weekly amount it's not much, but this month has been very tough financially for me so I can't afford the 70e all in one go at the moment. I'm alo a bit worried that I'll pay the 70e and then not like the plan and let it fizzle out after a couple of weeks, this is why I need a buddy to keep me going! I want to do the couch to 5k, I think this would be very good for me as I don't just want to be slimmer, I want to feel healthier and more energetic too. How about you, are you following an eating plan?
Im pretty much the same, I did Slimming world before Christmas and dropped a stone very quickly but then no matter what i did could not get down any further.... I have all the books information etc so trying to stick by that.... I did find it useful going to group, wouldnt of stuck to it online.... I want to lose weight and be healthier... Im getting mariied in just over three months so I have that to focus on, but also want to get my body in shape and healthy for if we decide to have more kids!!! After reading your post today and replying I was so good, I honestly jumped up and joined the gym (which I have been treadtening for a long time now) then when I got home I made a veg soup for the week.... cant believe something as simple as seeing a message could inspire you.... Im dreadful for wanting to do something with somebody and then when they cancel i end up not bothering, which is crap... are you working or what is your routine like?? Im only working mornings now so have time on my hands, just need to get off my bum... have seen a bit about that couch to 5k just need to get the details.... where are you from??:)
I work full time and I'm also at college part time, so I find it very difficult to make time for exercise! I always feel so tired, it's a vicious circle as I feel that if I worked out I'd have more energy, but I need the energy to start working out! Well done you for joining the gym! That's a great start. Do you have a smartphone? If so, you can download the Couch25k app. The first time you go you walk briskly for 5 minutes to warm up, then you jog for 1 minute, walk for 1.5, jog for 1, walk for 1.5...this goes on for 25 minutes and that's it! Then each time you do it, the time you jog is increased slightly and the workouts gets a bit longer. The app I'm using is structured to be done 3 days a week, for 9 weeks. I won't be able to do it 3 nights a week (dud to college) but 2 should be OK. Right that's it, I've decided I'm doing the first part of it tonight. See, we're inspiring each other already!! I can't let you be ahead of me, joining the gym and eating your healthy dinners! I live in Louth, where are you? :wv
Good for you... how did you get on last night?? Have you thought about doing it in the morning before work?? I am so much better if i do it then... otherwise as soon as i get home im wrecked and can think of a million and one things to do but exercise... I went to the gym after work today O:o) lol, I met the personnel trainner and he gave me a great work out and said he will met me onces a week and give me a harder work out. want to lose 20kgs in three months!!! Im in Louth to, just beside Drogheda... you far?? are you good with food? I am so bad, I start off being good, then i think i end up starving myself for the day eating little bits then I stuff my face.... What are you studying??
I'm in Ardee so not far at all! Yeah I think I'll give the morning run a try, it's just getting my bum out of bed! I think I'll find it more rewarding in the morning too, it might give me a bit of a boost for the day ahead. I'm doing a business degree, I'm only halfway through the first year so I have a way to go yet. That's mad that you're only down in Drogheda. My OH is from Duleek. I'm terrible with food, I kind of forget I'm meant to be on a diet and end up buying or eating loads of crap. Then I feel really bad and go on a health buzz for about 2 days. I'm your typical yo-yo dieter. Carbs are my biggest weakness, I love a nice wedge of bread or some fat chips! Fairplay for going and getting the personal trainer, you're way ahead of me!
That is mad, I work right beside Duleek!!! my god the world is to small lol... Yeah I am so proud of myself... I always do this though... im great for like a few weeks (if I even get that far)... hoping to keep it up:) Im hoping to get up in the morning, I have my stuff packed for work for the morning... so hopefully feeling motivated then... fairplay to you working full-time and doing a business degree, no wonder your wrecked... how many years will it take? are you working in Dublin or down Ardee way?? Did you do that operation Transformation walk that was up your way? I wanted to do it but ended up out on the Friday night... lol so could barely get out of bed let alone a 5k walk:) you originally from Ardee?? Im a blow in here.... Dub at heart!!!
I'm a blow in too, all the way from England! I didn't hear of the Operation transformation, I don't know how I missed that, I'm always on the look out for fitness stuff around my area. Did you do your early morning workout today? I couldn't get out of bed, it was just SOOOOO cold! The ground was so frozen I thought it had snowed when I first opened the curtains, so I jumped back into bed for an extra half an hour :o0 So are you all set for the wedding? I got married in June last year, I remember the feeling of the last couple of months before the big day - sheer panic!
U wld have been so proud... I dragged myself out of bed this morning!!!! It nearly killed me. I fell asleep with the window open, so I really did nOt want to get up... Only 3 months left till d day so need to suck it up.... Still a bit left to do. Choose our suits today and meeting everyone sat to get fitted... Going to try get favors de prayed this weekend... Tell me all about ur big day!!! WS it here or England?? How many did u have... What colour... Wld u do it again lol