Fitness Pilates

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Miss Sunshine Posts: 1128
OH MY GODDDDD I'm in soo much pain. I started Fitness Pilates last night and am so sore. HELP.
clucky Posts: 26471
I am in bits but not from pilates went for a game of tennis last night and got trounced by my 9 year old :oops: :oops: soooo unfit
Princess Cinders Posts: 11475
[quote:1i5c1pzf]I am in bits but not from pilates went for a game of tennis last night and got trounced by my 9 year old :oops: :oops: soooo unfit[/quote:1i5c1pzf] ouch, and I suppose he took great delight in the fact that he beat you
I am really fit but that Pilates is just unnatural. Apparently it works muscles in your body that you've never used like ever in your life. ;o(
MarieB Posts: 556
I have been thinking about taking up pilates for a while now. I used to go to the gym 3 times a week, but don't have the interest anymore, as I just got so bored. I go for a walk everyday with our dog, but it's not enough and i'd like to get back to being toned again :? How long did your class last? Is it an all over body workout, or just tummy? Would you need to have a certain level of fitness to do it? Sorry for all the questions :oops:
No bother Marieb, happy to answer them. It lasted only 45 mins but I swear it was absolute torture. I'm even walking really weird today because I am so sore all over. Its a good thing I suppose. Its an all over workout yeah and its mostly just about breathing and moving correctly. For the whole class you have to sit on your coccyx (tailbone) with your feet off the ground so you can imagine if this is strenous. That's your resting point if you ever need to stop. Its so hard because all you wanna do is slouch down on the ground and die. I would definitely recommend it though, you should try it out. I don't really like the gym either and prefer to do classes and swim.
*gone* Posts: 4785
Went to a physio once that did some "pilates" on me and she set me back a year of treatment, so I have been scared off it. Prefer yoga - the motto there is no pain, NO gain! It's all nice and gentle.
MarieB Posts: 556
[quote:1g224qtr]For the whole class you have to sit on your coccyx (tailbone) with your feet off the ground [/quote:1g224qtr] :shock: yikes!!! :lol: I'm waiting to get so more info from the instructor. Do the classes run in terms or can you just go along any night you please? I could really do with getting back into classes as walking just isn't enough for me. I do sit-ups and have a dumbell set at home that I use, but I think I would get a lot more motivation out of a class. Thanks for the help :wink: [/quote]
[quote:21ejel51][quote:21ejel51]For the whole class you have to sit on your coccyx (tailbone) with your feet off the ground [/quote:21ejel51] :shock: yikes!!! :lol: I'm waiting to get so more info from the instructor. Do the classes run in terms or can you just go along any night you please? I could really do with getting back into classes as walking just isn't enough for me. I do sit-ups and have a dumbell set at home that I use, but I think I would get a lot more motivation out of a class. Thanks for the help :wink: [/quote:21ejel51][/quote] Well I'm doing my classes with my gym but I know there are centres who hold classes at different times during the year. Sorry I can't be of more help.
GBride Posts: 173
I have to say I tried Pilates and I was bored out of my mind - good abdominal workout, but oh my god I need some more diversion in a class than that! But an hour staring at the ceiling..... :roll: I think I'm more into a bopping-around-to-music type of class.