Flies

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

SandyClaws Posts: 3108
seriously where are they coming from? we've spent the last half hour killing them in the kitchen we must be onto our 15th now... and they bite too!!!
RainbowNinja Posts: 4437
oh they are so annoying!! seemingly there is some sort of candle you can get that keeps them away? anyone know the name or does it work?
oh god id pay anything for it. our fly spray is having no effect whatsoever, im scratching everywhere and plastering myself in anthisan (bite cream) i went to for a nap the other evening and i was all itchy on my back...... flies like i didnt know they bit...
bridee2b Posts: 2534
We actually went out and bought ourselves a venus flytrap... Waste of time if you ask me!! I hate killing them myself, spend most of the time trying to shoo them outta the back door which isn't the most effective way of getting rid of them... >:o(
no bridee since ten more fly in when your getting that one little fecker out!! now i remember why im not a huge summer fan. summer=flying devils
MrsAH Posts: 3715
Urgh I hate them! Our dog and cat do their best by leaping for them :o0 The cat is actually highly skilled at getting them, the dog not so much. I think he copies her, bless :lvs
Mrsdm Posts: 1136
Nothing to do with the topic but just wanted to say goatthedote, am loving the new name :lvs
TracyBarlow Posts: 943
Citronella candles are meant to work for mozzies, so might work for flies too. I think i read somewhere that keeping a mint plant in the kitchen keeps them away, but dont quote me on that if it attracts more! :o0 Do you have any fruit left out? I have to keep all mine in the fridge where possible or the place will be full of flies.
RainbowNinja Posts: 4437
[quote="cherrychapstick":3ubtikcp]Citronella candles[/quote:3ubtikcp] they're the candles i was told keep flies away. Where would you get them??
TracyBarlow Posts: 943
Woodies or B&Q i suppose, i have seen them in Tesco when they do those BBQ Summer Specials though.