Flights to Italy? Booking on Line

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jeidi Posts: 3128
I dont have a clue about booking flights on line but I'm planning on visiting my sister in Milan for a long weekend at the start of Dec. My mam will come with me. Can anyone recommend what air line/airport to go from? I live in Waterford. Also, whats the normal price? Thanks
Anglo-Irish bride Posts: 5
If you google 'flights waterford to milan' you get a variety of websites that compare fares. Skyscanner is a good one: You will have to change somewhere, I imagine in Dublin. You could also try Expedia: If you go on the individual airport websites (Waterford, Cork, Dublin ...) then they should have info on there about where they fly to and what airlines fly those routes. Milan has two airports: Linate and Malpensa. Be careful of some of the budget airlines as they may fly you to Bergamo, which is a town outside Milan so you will have a longer journey into the city. Hope that helps.
pigeonwife Posts: 3789
Your best bet would be to go to Dublin altogether and fly direct with Aer Lingus. The price will depend on your dates. Just go to the following link and put in your dates and see how you go.
Lizzie02 Posts: 2624
Hi, Aer Lingus fly to both Linate and Malpensa Airpots in Milan. Check which airport is more convenient for her. Prices will vary but I did the following calculation for you to give you an idea: - Outbound: Thursday 03 December 2009 From Dublin to Milan Linate (Depart: 07:20 Arrive: 11:00) Return: Tuesday 08 December 2009 From Milan Linate to Dublin (Depart: 11:40 Arrive: 13:25) Price (not including baggage or credit card fees): EUR 81.50 Ryanair fly to Bergamo which is a good distance really from Milan. HTH
Great thanks everyone
Great thanks everyone