Floods!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pigeonwife Posts: 3789
Can't believe these haven't gotten a mention yet.Surely others are affected. I drove through 2 lakes and a river trying to get to work this am. Finally got in nearly an hour late and 2 hours later had to go home again as the whole town flooded. It's unreal. Just lucky my home isn't affected. Hope everyone else is ok. :wv
soimarriedanaxemurderer Posts: 932
It freaks me out big time. The roads are so treacherous. There was an accident I saw coming home to Cork from Limerick and I'd say the rain was the factor and today I saw another one. I'm really scared drivin. Drove into a giant pothole that wasn't there yesterday. It's terrible for people whose homes and businesses are flooded. Hope they are ok too. :o(
pigeonwife Posts: 3789
I was absolutely sh*tting myself driving through the floods today. Only for having my Dad and DH on the phone (on seperate occasions) talking me through it I don't know what I would have done. I was shaking when I got to work. Don't know is tomorrow going to be any better either.
BusyDee Posts: 8527
They're unreal arent they? Well we had a lucky escape earlier, the area around our new house floods and it comes up to the back of our site, luckily the roads dont as they are up high but anyway I was saying to H2b it was lucky that we had to put in so much filling on our site as the field beside us is full of water aswell. Any about half 3 the dog wanted to go out and for some reason he looked to go out the front door which I thought was odd. When I opened the door their was water right up to the front door and all around my car :eek I nearly had a heart attack (was on my own). Luckily the are 2 steps up to the front door so it would have to come up about a foot to come in. Went out the back and their was no water and went around the side of the house and it was like Niagra Falls!!!! The water was running over the side of the filling and dropping about 5 ft - it has taken away some of the filling. Water collected at the front of the house coz we dont have the drive done or paths and its all un even so thats why water collected. I had to put the wellies on and get the hoe and make a bit of another channel so the water could drain away. Funnily h2b was in town with Civil defence helping other people who were flooded! He came home early and dug a few more channels, it has nearly all gone now thank god. Its very frightening! God love anyone who has their houses flooded like those people on the news.
Sweetmum Posts: 2146
the roads around us are terrible as well,especially driving in the dark you could be atop of a flood before you know it O:|
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
It wasn't too bad for me today actually, though I'm on the bus and working in Tallaght like so the city doesn't seem to have got it as bad. There was a lot of surface water though and I got splashed by cars, oh, about five zillion times! I've been wet and cold all day (bottom of my jeans soaking into my ankles, ew!) but didn't see anything major. Hope it eases off, I always feel sorry for those people when I see them on the news and their cars are submerged and their homes are waist deep in water...cos it's just ruined, there's no going back from that, you've to start again like, the poor devils.
superduperexcited10 Posts: 1468
girls its frighteningm they are releasing the dam in inniscarra again at 10 o clock so itll get worse before it gets better!! i may not be able to drive to work tomor!! its scary :o(
let\'s go fly a kite Posts: 29
2 lakes and a river. What do you have? A boat?
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
a completely unnecessary comment. some ppl are really in trouble and thats the best you can come up with. you are a sorry excuse for a human being. i know i shouldnt react to stupid troll/trog comments but i couldnt let that go, effing moron!!
Pinkly Posts: 1414
mrsjo2b I wouldn't bother rising to someone who couldn't even come up with a [b:2hszzn9w]new[/b:2hszzn9w] username :o0 :o0 :o0 I prefer the real lets go fly a kite!!! She makes a much better read. What's she/he like! :-8 :-8 :-8