Florida/Orlando - couples hol?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

puggle Posts: 848
Hey, has anyone been to Orlando/Miami on a couples hols (as opposed to a family hol). DH wants to go but I wondering should we wait til we have kids. Would we be bored? The flight are cheap at the moment so it seems like a good time to go, but I'm also feeling a bit guilty about going on a fancy 2 week hol with this recession going on. We would be doing it on the cheap though...so it won't be too fancy iykwim. Not sure what to do. Any suggestion for me?
Mrs Summer Posts: 5040
Yep, me and DH went to Orlando a few years back as a couple and had a ball, TBH I wouldnt want ot go with kids as they'd hold me back from getting on the rides I wanted too :o0 , seriously though you'll have a great holiday.
curliwurli Posts: 3369
a friend of mine went to orlando for 2 weeks with her fella last october and had a great time - they even got engaged and bought the e-rings and wedding rings!!!
RainbowBright Posts: 1425
Myself and H2B met in Florida. We met in Fort Lauderdale and had our 1st official date in Disney. We went back in 2007 for 2 weeks and are spending 2 week og our honeymoon there too.
MissMuppet Posts: 2085
[color=indigo:izxyegvd]We went a couple of years ago...just the two of us and we had an absolute ball...We didnt want to come home :o0 As for the theme parks...wild horses couldn't drag me from them...I was in my element..and so was he...We went to every theme park we could get to... :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll ... As for the shopping...that was great too...great all round...Best Holiday [b:izxyegvd]EVER[/b:izxyegvd]...would so recommend it for couples I actually thought it was a bit grown up for kids!!! :o0 :o0 :o0 GO...You'll have a great time...[/color:izxyegvd]
cremebrulee Posts: 8546
Went to Orlando a few years ago with h2b and we had the best time ever!
tlove Posts: 572
Ive been there so many times you dont need to have kids to enjoy it there is loads to do and you can do loads of clothes shopping. Everyday brings a different experience the parks are fantastic. Id be gone in the morning if I had the money.... PM me if youve any questions
minibuddy Posts: 320
Defn go as a couple. Dont think i would want kids with me as sometimes they are too small for the rides. We only went to universal as only had a week. It was great. Book the park tickets online, much cheaper and even hotels there are very cheap. Think we paid 240euro for a room for a week on international drive. Loads of shopping as well. We hired a car which was brilliant, especially with the air conditioning and putting all your shopping bags in. Do parks in the day time and shop in the evening. One of the outlets stays open til 12! :o)ll would love to be going back.
Boomerang Gal Posts: 714
OMG jump at the chance to go!!! I went on a couples hol in 2003 and it was the most amazing holiday ever. We stayed in a hotel beside Universal rather than Disney and had an absolute ball!!!! I'd reccommend going to Discovery Cove if you can afford it and doing the dolphin swim .............amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so jealous!!!
puggle Posts: 848
Thanks for all the replies - it great to here than other couples loved it. Am getting excited now. Another q though - we were thinking of spending about 5 days in Orlando and then driving somewhere else for another week. Can anyone somewhere good within driving distance - don't mine spend a day or two on the road?