Flower Girl Dresses in Dunnes

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

po Posts: 439
I was in dunnes today and i saw lovely flowergirl dresses if any one was looking. 37.50euros. I would have got them only i have some already. They also have lovely flower girl ivory shoes for 12 euros. A bargain.
Sweets08 Posts: 958
Hi po were they all white or did they have any ivory or champagne?
shoegals Posts: 1640
Saw them too, they are lovely, one is white and the other an ivory colour, they even had little bolero cardigans to go with them, lovely!
MrsWhippy09 Posts: 2346
Great thanks. I must have a look at the weekend. Can I ask you girls how far in advance did you get your FG dresses? My FG is 7 in April and is tall for her age. I'm not getting married until 5th December but would like to get the FG dress out of the way. As kids often take stretches, would you go for a size bigger or just wait until closer to the wedding to buy FG dress? I'm not sure what to do. :thnk
CestMoi Posts: 2162
Hi Mrs Whippy, I have the same problem as you, although I'm June so I could buy now. She's turning 7 in April but I think she will be an 8 year old dress size. Even if I had been buying for her last year I would have got an 8 anyway. Thanks po for the info, I was in debenhams last night and they were all around €80 - 100 no way am I paying that if I can help it, because one is a bit of a tom boy so I don't think she'd get any other use out of it. I seen one in M&S for €60, which was nice, and you could probably put a ribbon on it to match the BM colours. I must look in Dunnes tomorrow and see what they have, that's great value!
MrsWhippy09 Posts: 2346
Thanks summerbride2009! Yeah, I was going to buy a size 8 for my FG aswell. I think a size 9 would just be too big for her. I must have a look in M&S at the weekend aswell! :thnk
Twirler Posts: 1644
Mrs Whippy I got my FG dresses in Dunnes last year, a year before our wedding and I just got the dresses a size bigger. Two of the FG have tried their dresses on recently and they're perfect, have to try it on the other one soon. Must go in there and look at shoes.
Bunnybaby Posts: 2701
just went in for a goo there at lunchtime and there grand €30 somehing not sure and €12 for the shoes slight detail on the top of one of them and then coming out alittle bit ivory colour and the other one is nice too would be nice for a small flower girl as in 2-5 years with a little diamond thing on it really cute dont really like the cardigans but dress and shoes for €50 ya cudnt pass it im bringing h2b's niece in 1st thing in the morning to try them on (fingers crossed they'll be ok and she wont shoot up) *)
Hope Posts: 224
Thanks a mill! Think a trip to Dunnes is in order on the way home form work!! :thnk
LeonardandPenny Posts: 2684
[quote="MrsWhippy09":1u30yhz2]Great thanks. I must have a look at the weekend. Can I ask you girls how far in advance did you get your FG dresses? My FG is 7 in April and is tall for her age. I'm not getting married until 5th December but would like to get the FG dress out of the way. As kids often take stretches, would you go for a size bigger or just wait until closer to the wedding to buy FG dress? I'm not sure what to do. :thnk[/quote:1u30yhz2] My flower girl will be 7 in february so just got a size bigger, will get her to try it on her mam said to get her a size 7-8. I got the dress from dunnes its ivory and i think its gorgeous, i didn't see the shoes so might pop down there tonight or tomorrow.