Fluid retention - prevention?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Emme Posts: 4735
Just wondering can this be prevented?! Do I drink more or less?
Finished here Posts: 2860
Drink more and more water and not carbonated drinks, also at the sign of any swelling keep your feet up and do small excercises with hands and feet moving them and rotating them !
andypandy28 Posts: 553
stay away from Salt, i had pre-ecamplisa so had massive fluid retention, I was like an elephant, but i craved salt and this didnt help.
I actually developed an adversion to anything with salt in it. I was never a fan of processed foods but treated myself to the odd pack of super noodles - no more! Also the same with chinese and some other foods. Strange! I'm a real savoury fan too but not since getting pg.
Forgottenpassword Posts: 1078
If you have really started to puff up I would give the doc a ring as well just to be on the safe side. It might be worth getting your bp checked. Keep drinking anyway - water is best. Hope you are okay? FP
Oh thanks forgotten, no I'm not bloated at all but I just don't want to get bloated down the line! Vanity!! I'm also awful lazy at drinking anything. HAve to remind myself to toddle off to the tap or water cooler. :thnk
_Arwen_ Posts: 252
I haven't been craving anything salty. My gp said my oedema is "extensive" - but my blood pressure has been okay and I only had protein in my urine on one of the visits to him. At this stage, with four weeks to go, doc says there is little I can do to reduce the swelling - just try to rest and eh, have the baby :D Initially he advised me to take some exercise and I was walking the dog for short distances, but the last few days I'm finding it harder and harder to walk around the house. Today was the worst it has been. So I'm resting as much as possible. I am bored and the dog is bored too :o0