flutter like feeling in lower abdomen

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrs butterfly Posts: 223
hi girls......as you can see from my ticker im just over 5weeks.....the last few days i have been having these fluttery feeling in lower abdomen.....have any of you had these feels??? are they normal or should i worry???
hopingforsoon Posts: 1152
Could they be stretching / growing pains? I got a lot of stretching pains
lisa Posts: 1612
I got lots of weird sensations early on too. Some felt almost a little pinchy, still get them now. Pretty sure its just stretching.
Mrs.G Posts: 1828
probably just streching...had that alot in the beginning. Not being funny, but could also be wind! had that alot in the beginning too!
haha Mrs G :o0 believe me...its not wind.......i suffer from IBS :o( and definitley know that difference....this feeling is very noticeable...right in the middle...fluttery/rippley feeling.......by the sound of it ..it sounds like stretching etc!! thats good....put my mind at ease now......
neeov Posts: 4256
Might you be a bit further on than you think?
Mrs.G Posts: 1828
[quote="mrs butterfly":3tlbeesr]haha Mrs G :o0 believe me...its not wind.......i suffer from IBS :o( and definitley know that difference....this feeling is very noticeable...right in the middle...fluttery/rippley feeling.......by the sound of it ..it sounds like stretching etc!! thats good....put my mind at ease now......[/quote:3tlbeesr] ya was only messing really! :o0 Maybe you are further on than you realise? Have you had a scan yet?
:o0 :o0 Mrs G....part of me wishes it was wind :-8 !! having ibs is terrible!!! no girls definitely not further on than i think......first day of last period was 7th dec.....so i guess thats what it is....stretching!!! borrowing its way rite in there and making themselves comfie!!!!! thx girls...i think i just need to relax and not think about it as much iykwim......im stressing out over every little thing!! its hard not to but as my mum said 'just get on with it, you're pg not sick'!!! :o0 :o0
Mama2b! Posts: 131
It could be twins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They say you get symptoms earlier with a multiple pregnancy.
mama2b!!! my heart missed a beat when you said that!! :o0 :o0 there is twins on both sides of our families.....both on my mum and dads and also both on hubbys parents!!! and my mum had went to a fortune teller a few years back and told her her eldest daughter would have twins!!!!!actually hubby was saying about having twins the other day......omg!! guess i will have to wait and see.....