Flying at 30 weeks pregnant

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

fifibelle Posts: 4447
Hi girlies, I am planning to visit my sisters in London before baby is born and dates that suit us all mean I would be flying at 30 weeks so just wondering if any of you flew at 30 weeks pregnant? Thanks in advance! :wv
TurtleBaby1 Posts: 693
Hi fifibell some airlines dont let you fly that late they have rules and you might have to get a note from your doc. As well as that you might be very big at that stage and it might be very uncomfterable. Woudl your sister be able to visit you instead?
Hiya, Aer Lingus let you fly until 32 weeks with a letter from your doc. so airline wise there is no worries but you are right about being big etc. So would love to hear from anyone who flew at that stage?
fcx Posts: 119
Hi Fifibelle, I am flying to London this Thursday and will be 31weeks and 3 days and coming back will be 32 weeks, I checked with my consultant at my last visit there on Friday and he has no issues with me flying, he just said to fill in the form for Aer Lingus and he would sign it! I am not too big and feel good so I think I will be fine, it is only an hour flight so should be ok, Ill let you know how I get on next week! Probably will depend on how big you are and how comfortable you are and also that everything else is ok. HTH
[quote="fcx":3ix6bg27]Hi Fifibelle, I am flying to London this Thursday and will be 31weeks and 3 days and coming back will be 32 weeks, I checked with my consultant at my last visit there on Friday and he has no issues with me flying, he just said to fill in the form for Aer Lingus and he would sign it! I am not too big and feel good so I think I will be fine, it is only an hour flight so should be ok, Ill let you know how I get on next week! Probably will depend on how big you are and how comfortable you are and also that everything else is ok. HTH[/quote:3ix6bg27] fcx - thank you so so much for the info! Will be looking forward to hearing how you get on!
fcx Posts: 119
Hi Fifibelle! How are you? Just back today and got on great flying, I am 32 weeks today, wasn't uncomfortable at all, its such a short flight to London! I think it absolutely fine to fly as long as your doctor is happy for you too!HTH an best of luck with everything *)
fcx, thanks so much for posting to let me know how you got on!!! My mind is totally at rest now and I cant wait to get to London!! Hope you had a brill time! :wv
PetrasPet Posts: 16
Fifibelle I am going long haul at around 29 weeks(I have a very good reason to go), I'm sure you'll be fine to London. Talked to my doctor about it and he said it'll be fine just get up and walk around etc just in regard to DVT. He said he would write me a note and to say I'm under 28 weeks. They're not going to be checking.
thanks for that Petra! Hope you are going somewhere nice!
babydoc Posts: 313
Currently in the US - flew here yesterday and am 27wks tomorrow. Am not too big, but found the flight a bit uncomfortable. Was advised to take injections to prevent clots by my obstetrician, and also got anti DVT stockings to wear as flight longer than 4 hrs.He wasnt too enthusiastic about the trip as I've had one or two complications during the pregnancy. So far so good though. had a trip to the UK at the weekend and found it grand - short flight, no problems. HTH :wv