Menu

Flying at 8 weeks pregnant???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

honey 2 Posts: 244
Just wondering what ye think of flying at 8 weeks pregnant. Am only just 4 and half at minute but absolutely must fly at 8 weeks as my sister is getting married in france.
babybuttons Posts: 886
i flew at 11 weeks. doc said it was ok. she said just to walk around drink loads of water and wear flight socks
theoracle Posts: 7664
I have done it as we had a holiday booked abroad already and all was good; it would depend on your personal medical history but if you are having a normal heathy pregnancy, there shouldn't be any reason to worry. You best talk to your GP about it for reassurance.
honey 2 Posts: 244
Thanks for replies girls. glad to hear all went well for ye.
Aquafina Posts: 354
I took four long-haul flights between 7 and 10 weeks (17hr and 9 hr roundtrips). My doctor had no issue with it and everything was fine. I will say that it was not fun making such long journeys with m/s to contend with. I would say that flying to France will be grand!
watfordgreengirl76 Posts: 48
I flew to New Zealand at 13 weeks and back at 17 weeks and suffered no ill effects. I wore the flight socks (such a sexy garment!) and walked around a bit, and drank loads of water, and that seemed to do the trick. France shouldn't be a problem! Good luck, and stay well x
Star DJs
LMR Posts: 1925
I flew at 8 weeks, 11 weeks, 14 weeks and 20 weeks so far (two of which were long haul) and no problems what so ever. Just keep yourslef well hydrated and walk around. If you're only going to France (assuming you're in Ireland) it'll be no bother. Only think to watch out for is when I was flying early on I felt quite pukey esp at take off and landing so something to calm your tummy and a sick bag are handy things to have!! Enjoy the wedding!
newyorkbaby Posts: 353
i found out i was pregnant in newyork [hence username] and flew home the next day i thought i was 8 weeks at that stage turned out i was 5...anyway flew to spain last week at 13 weeks hospital said it shouldnt be a problem,i did however have a panick attack on the flight home not sure if that was to do with being pregnant or fact we were in the very back of plane and could feel every bump :o( never had one b4 so it was very scary. im sure you'll be fine france is less than 2 hours on a flight isnt it?