Flying when Pregnant

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

CHICKEN1 Posts: 224
Has anyone any experience of flying when 8 weeks pregnant and any advice from doctors on this or first hand experience?? we have booked to have a week away in portugal and really looking forward to it but would like some advice as i supposed a little concerned? Many thanks :yelrotflmaosmilie:
gagamama Posts: 204
[quote="CHICKEN1":dyqskexb]Has anyone any experience of flying when 8 weeks pregnant and any advice from doctors on this or first hand experience?? we have booked to have a week away in portugal and really looking forward to it but would like some advice as i supposed a little concerned? Many thanks :yelrotflmaosmilie:[/quote:dyqskexb] Asked my doctor about this and she said it's absolutely fine.I flew to Canada at 4 weeks and back at 7 weeks.I'm now nearly 12 weeks and am in Holland for a few days.All doctor said was that transatlantic flights aren't recommended after 26 weeks.
Its Me Posts: 1788
Doc told me flying was fine that they mainly worry about flying the latter end of pregnancy
katiemomma Posts: 2690
i cancelled my flight to newyork at easter i would have been nearly8 weeks. the doc told me it was a huge no no. we miscarried a few weeks later nothing to do with flyng. But nearly everyone flys now while pregnant even early on in pregnancy. you should be ok.
Lanzbride Posts: 100
I flew to the Canaries at 8 weeks, my doctor told me it was fine. I had to wear flight socks, drink loads of water & walk around every so often.
goldielocks09 Posts: 65
Hey chicken1 flew around 6 times during my first trimester, no problems. They say flying does not affect the baby, they only restrict flying later on in case you go into early labour. Best of luck with the pregnancy!