Flying when pregnant

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

olivia07 Posts: 73
Hi Girlies Just wondering if you have any advice on whether you can / cant fly during the second trimester? I imagine you can but just wanted a second opinion.
smurf77 Posts: 2216
Think it is your 1st and 3rd that are the times to watch but perhaps you could ring your hospital just to be on the safe side??
Desert-Moon Posts: 1174
Hi, I want to bring my son to EuroDisney on my 30th week. Is it ok to fly or not? The Ferry is out as it costs over 1000 for 3 of us to go, which is crazy!!! I'd appreciate any advisse as to when it is ok to fly.
mrs ddt Posts: 3235
I think its generally safe to fly in the second trimester but you should check with your doc if you have high BP or any other problems during your pregnancy.
bree Posts: 1880
iv flown 1st & end of 2nd/start of 3rd..... think its grand yeah - if your visably pregnant u need 'clearance to fly' letter from you GP & if ur after 28wks ( with aerlingus anyhow) u need GP to fill out a form that can be downloaded online..all airlines are different policies tho
elmar06 Posts: 201
This was on eumom.com: Air Air travel is usually fine during early pregnancy, although in late pregnancy it may not be advisable in case you go into labour while on the plane, or while away from home. You should also check with the airline you intend to use before booking your flight: some will not allow you to fly after a certain stage of pregnancy or will request a medical certificate, or you may need a letter from your doctor. On most airlines, women who are over 34–36 weeks pregnant aren't allowed to fly because of the risk of thrombosis and early delivery. If you do fly, make sure that you drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration, and try to eat as lightly as possible as you may find that you are more susceptible to travel sickness. Earplugs and eye masks may also be useful if you need to sleep.