Foie Gras

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Winter B2B Posts: 3494
I was out for dinner. It was the first time i have been up to going out since get pg so we went to a really nice restaurant. For starter I had a foie gras and ham terraine, I didn't realise you are not suppose to eat Foie gras while pg. There was very little foie gras in the terraine but I feel so guilty this morning about eating this. Do you think babs will be ok?
aurora Posts: 1629
I wouldn't worry, I think we're just meant to avoid it because of the high vitamin a content. if there was only a small bit in the dish then it shouldn't be a problem. think we're all going to eat something we're not meant to by accident. as long as we don't do it too often then i'm sure we'll be grand!
Duffers Posts: 1841
I have absolutely no idea hun. Surely large quantities of anything are not good but if it was such a small amount there shouldn't be any harm. But as everyone here usually says, if you're worried try contact either your hospital or if you can phone VHI nurse maybe if its an option??? But try not to worry. I think its the Vitamin A in liver that we are supposed to avoid too much of. HTH