folic acid and diarrhoea

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

stjude Posts: 121
anyone else have upset down below on folic acid..maybe my imagination..
Sphynx Posts: 6795
I've not noticed that no....what brand are you taking? Am just on folic acid. Was on pregnacare (with vitamins and minerals) while I was pregnant and noticed I was a bit more frequent :-8 shall we say rather than constipated as the pregnancy books warned.
I am on clonfolic..i changed from pregnacare as doc said iron in pregnacare could cause constipation/diarrhoea
Sphynx Posts: 6795
I'm on clonfolic too. If it continues to bother you, you could mention it to your chemist? Don't know about you but my digestive system is still recovering from Christmas :hic
Mrs Neadi* Posts: 1128
Hi, I suffer with an upset stomach from Folic Acid. Diarhoea and nausau. Askd the chemist what I could do and couldn't help as she "had never heard of anyone getting sick from folic acid". I've spoken to a few people about this and one or two suffer the same. I keep taking it, only every second day now which seems to help.
god I thought I was going mad as theres no way i could have a bug for this long. I missed 4 over christmas and was fine and the diarrhoea only started once I started taking it..I am afraid to give up as coming up to ovulation time and then will be 2ww hopefully with results. is once every two days enough do you think?
Mrs Neadi* Posts: 1128
i honestly don't know if it is enough but I eat a good balanced diet with lots of leafy veg and stuff that has folic acid so i'm sure i'm getting enough. Not actively ttc anymore but still taking it every 2 days because it's all i can stomach. If i'm in a gp's in the next few weeks i'm going to ask just to be on the safe side.
i hear ya..i have a good diet and the initial doc didnt seem to worried about taking folic acid...however I have had diarrhoea since. I am going to go off it next month to see and would love to hear the outcome from your gp i have a visit on teh 1st too0 so will also check