Folic Acid

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Anonymous Posts: 24542
Hi, just a quick question. Has anyone noticed after they started taking folic acid that they are really thirsty. I started on Clonfolic about 4 weeks ago now and am drinking water by the bucket load. just wondering has it had this effect on anyon else. maybe its just that i'm thirsty i don't know!!!!
Mrs Peg Posts: 1778
I haven't noticed a difference to be honest - could be the hot weather we're having! I've tried a google search and it didn't show up anything either. Probably not a bad side affect anyway!
Anonymous Posts: 24542
thanks for that mrs peg. just that i noticed it happened when i started taking it but i suppose as you said its not a bad side effect anyway. thanks for your help
ros Posts: 749
Ladies, if you are not sure about taking folic acid, remember it's also to be found naturally in foods (I'm a big believer in getting all the vitamins and minerals through a natural diet) like : Dark-green leafy vegetables Strawberries Beans Legumes (dried beans and peas) Citrus fruits and juices Most berries
chickonthego Posts: 224
Ladies im not preparing to conceive...getting married next year.... but was told by a friend that because im of child bearing age that i shoul be taking folic acid supplements.Is this right??????Thanks in advance :wink:
deisebabe Posts: 740
some people say all women of child bearing age should take it just in case they get pregnant
*Feileacan* Posts: 26
It had been proven that taking folic acid for at least 3 months before pregnancy and during early pregnancy can significantly reduce the risk, of your baby having a neural tube defect such as spina bifida. Also, people of Celtic origin have a higher rate of neural tube defects when compared to other ethnic groups.