following on from - doing own tan?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

stephyb Posts: 1439
i never wear tan, i think i've had it done 2ce - once was fake bake and was far too dark, the other time was sun shimmer and was perfect but rubs off and washes off. I bought some johnsons moisturiser one, but it smells awful, so i bought dove and it smells much nicer. First time i used it was good but i had orange elbows, second time i used it, it washed off my hands and was a little uneven on my neck? does anyone have any advice for using products like this, should i moisturise alot with a normal moisturiser? does this help? x
fluffiesmam Posts: 1470
i personally use loreal, Sublime bronze tan, its very very good, i have been using it for years and its a constant in my beauty bag! as regards daily tanners i use dove and find it brilliant, i do moisturise every day after my shower anyway, its just sometimes i use the dove daily tanning one instead, i use it the very same way i use my moisturiser and never have experienced streaking.
Princess Lisa Posts: 379
beaut.ie has some great step-by-steps for applying fake tan: http://beaut.ie/blog/?p=4956 http://beaut.ie/blog/?tag=st-tropez
Ms forgetful Posts: 69
hi MrsMeow, I usually use the HeShe liquid Tan you can make it as dark or light as you want just depends on the amount you use. Its great as its coloured so you can see excactly where you are putting it. I also use Dove when I am using the daily ones and sometime i find if i use bleech or anything like that my hands go white so i use gloves when cleaning. I find if you have a really good body scrub before you start applying it, it goes on lovely and even. Also if you find it is caking in your elbows put a tiny bit of ordinary moisturiser on them first and it will stop so much sinking into them. hope this helps
hollywoodbride Posts: 1341
I dont use the daily moisturising tans like dove and Johnston as I think they are a bit to light but to get ride of the dark elbows - if you pile on the baby oil or a really good moisturiser about 10 minutes before you put on the tan it should work out better. to get rid tan of your hands or elbows and achles rub a daz tablets with some water on the area and it get rid of 3/4 of the tan and makes it less orange !! also there is great kake tan mit to put on moose or cream tan on in pennies for €1.50 they are brilliant to get an even streak free tan everytime .. Hope the above makes sence and is any help
hollywoodbride Posts: 1341
I dont use the daily moisturising tans like dove and Johnston as I think they are a bit to light but to get ride of the dark elbows - if you pile on the baby oil or a really good moisturiser about 10 minutes before you put on the tan it should work out better. to get rid tan of your hands or elbows and achles rub a daz tablets with some water on the area and it get rid of 3/4 of the tan and makes it less orange !! also there is great kake tan mit to put on moose or cream tan on in pennies for €1.50 they are brilliant to get an even streak free tan everytime .. Hope the above makes sence and is any help