Following on from exs post... Have you ever been on telly?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Anonymous Posts: 24542
Have you ever been on telly or film? Either purposely, or inadvertently? And if so, when was your moment of fame? Mine was in the late 70s, when I had a candid appearance, with my little bro, on "Landmark", messing at vegetables on a stand at the Spring Show (the higlight of the year for rural youth). I was wearing a green coat and white bobbly hat and was about 6 or 7.
Yep! My claim to fame is that when I was about 13, I was an extra in Roddy Doyles "The Family". I am in it for approx 10 seconds going down the ramp of kilbarrack dart station on a bike. You can just see the back of me but I was very proud of myself!!!!! The make-up was gas....dried in snot under my nose and red around my eyes....I suppose to make me look like a gurrier!!!
sinion Posts: 6050
I was on RTE's Sunday Mass with my school choir when I was about 10. I still get stopped in the street.
NotHere Posts: 10273
I was an extra in a French movie. I was about 10 and played a peasant girl with all the raggedy clothes and messy hair. Never got to see the movie though :o(
mrs.smiffy Posts: 1747
my sister's wedding was filmed by a tv crew in '99. They made a documentation about weddings in unusual places. My sister civil marriage was in the elephant house in a zoo in Germany. Her church wedding was a few days later but she didn't wanted to have the crew around at the church wedding aswell. Everyone got interviewed before and after the ceremony and I didnt knew they were approaching me to ask me questions so I was just bubbleing nonsense - thankfully they cut that part out. But you can see me in a few scenes... Until today I get every now & then text messages from friends in Germany when the documentation is on tv again... :o0
I was on Blackboard Jungle in secondary school, like half the country probably :-8
wendyk Posts: 116
yep was on Pat's chat when i was about 7. And will be on Ireland AM in 2 weeks time for a make over. So so excited
wendyk Posts: 116
yep was on Pat's chat when i was about 7. And will be on Ireland AM in 2 weeks time for a make over. So so excited
MrsBlues Posts: 5170
[quote="Sinion":3gn646zy]I was on RTE's Sunday Mass with my school choir when I was about 10. I still get stopped in the street.[/quote:3gn646zy] :o0 :o0
Valkstar Posts: 2747
I was interviewed by RTE when I was 17 on Elvis' 15th anniversary. I was there in my blue suede shoes, flat top hair with a quiff etc. :o0