For all Those girls who got a BFP

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Spoon Posts: 207
Hi Girls, I hope you all are keeping well? I was just wondering how long you were ttc before you all got you BFP, this is now my third month trying and was wondering is there anything i can do to help the process along?
Mama Smurf Posts: 1447
Hi Spoon, I think the best advise to you is to relax. The month we conceived was the first month that I actually stopped thinking about trying to get pregnant and we just did the deed whenever the mood took us. I think it'll happen when you're not expecting it. Its your 3rd month, could be 3rd time lucky fingers and toes and legs are crossed for you. :babydust: :babydust: :babydust:
Thanks Hairy Molly, i hope so, did you do anything different before you decided to ttc?
bree Posts: 1880
Hi - i guess i was just lucky, came off the pill in Jan as we were plannin 2start a family as soon as we got married ( aug) .. from May on we both new it wouldnt matter what happened so we no longer worried about contraception but didnt concentrate on fertile days either - ( having said that i know we had sex about 6 times from day 10-18 in May & i didnt become pregnant)... In June i was away alot & we only had sex once during my "hot" days ! but that did it !!! BFP to my suprise , cause i had taught if it hadnt happened the month b4 there was no way it could happen that month . My cycle was abit mixed up tho , so now im begining to thinkmaybe i was adding up my dates wrong.... this is beginging to be a long borng post so il give up now..hehe Good luck TTC , it will work out v.soon - guess u just have to be patient ( easier said than done)... and mayb concentrate on havin fun sex rather than reproductive sex?! Also - TMI - but some people here have been concerned about the 'after flow' & have suggested lying in one place for a while after the act !! hehe.. i dont think so !!
[quote:28jpnl9w] Also - TMI - but some people here have been concerned about the 'after flow' & have suggested lying in one place for a while after the act !! hehe.. i dont think so ![/quote:28jpnl9w] No I definitely think I would lie there for at least 10 minutes if you can. It give the little swimmers a head start on their way up. Also this is really gross but I remember one time of doing the deed hubby left it in for a minute of so later as he said it would help. I was laughing at him but I think he could have been right.
girls thanks for your replies, i just hope it would happen soon, i try telling self not to let the whole ttc thing not take over me! but what can i say it has! you spend so many years trying not to get preg and then when you want it more than anything else it dosent happen!! O:|
I know exactly what you're thinking Spoon thats what I was saying to myself too, for years you'd hate to get pregnant and then all of a sudden you're trying like mad to get pregnant but believe me it will happen.I promise you.
Oh Hairy Molly I really hope so, i am just afraid incase i am not doing something right! (how silly i know)
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Hi Spoon, It happened for us the first month too. We did it once or twice a day on days 11 to 15. V. important to get your days right. Didn't go running to the shower afterwards, and like Hairy Molly, sometimes just lay there afterwards for a while without moving. Might have helped. Also, we were both v. relaxed and having fun as we were sure nothing would happen for a few months anyway. Best of luck - I am sure it will happen soon for you!
Dootsay Posts: 958
Quick question for those who got a BFP - On the 2ww did you experience pains, like AF pains, only earlier than normal? I know I'm paranoid thinking that every twitch and pain is a BFP so was wondering what your symptoms were on the 2ww. AF is due on 11th so I have a bit of a wait, best of luck this weekend to all those ttc :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: