For anyone with really bad foot & leg cramps..

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

SparklyB2B Posts: 1131
Saw a post about this a couple of wks ago & forgot to post.. I have had very very painful foot cramps since pregnancy & having my DD. they got so bad in my feet that I would be in tears! So doc told me to take Magnesium Ok.. & never have any probs now unless I forget to take them every day.
mrsodo Posts: 1292
Thanks for the post Sparkly. In the last week I've been getting really bad cramps in my feet - will have to try the magnesium. :thnk
Gingham Posts: 3014
I have had the worse cramps in my calves at night, I have had to jump out of the bed and its agony....will give the magnesium a go..thanks for that
lisa Posts: 1612
Why wasnt this posted 4 months ago when i was getting these 20 times a day and night!!! O:| O:| O:| :o(
suitcase of hopes and dreams Posts: 2932
Thank you so much for the info hun, will deffo give it a go, it was me who started other thread, thanks again :thnk
holidaygal Posts: 83
I know it sounds crazy and I wouldn't usually be one for 'old wives tales' but my midwife told me to put 3 wine corks in the bottom of the bed and it really worked! I would have tried anything they were so bad and have not had any since. *)
SparklyB2B Posts: 1131
& Wollies just to let you know the full name of the vitamins is Magnesium Ok - - - Its not just Magnesium its packed with other vital vitamins aswelll....
hoodieboodie Posts: 1200
I like the old wives tale about the 3 corks - if only I could drink the wine too! >:o) Funnily enough I was in for my check-up with the doc yesterday and asked her about what to take for leg cramps (I'm not getting them that frequently but when I do they're vicious, I am still limping after my right calf seized up on Sat night) and she said magnesium was good but also to increase my level of salt. Even if you think you take a moderate amount of salt, if you drink loads of water, as I do, it means that the salt is getting diluted in your body and junior is taking whatever is left so you're actually not getting any in your bloodstream. Packet of popcorn anyone?