For Bambi06 - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Dcd Posts: 1471
Ahh jaysus.. did I miss Oprah??? :roll: I'll have to get sky plus for days when I had to do colouring in for homework!
clucky Posts: 26471
ah dcd you're after making me snort my coffee all over the place by laughing
Jane 06 Posts: 114
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MummyLuv Posts: 2478
PMSL @dsd just snorted and the boss walked past when I did it OOOPPPPSSS :oops:
SusanD Posts: 110
Ladies, ladies, ladies, saucer of milk for you all!! My dd has such a thing as a nap everyday... sometimes I decide to play with you and sometimes, well I just can't be bothered. You lot obviously love wasting company time - such big careers you lot have. I'm not beaten - still haven't found any article yet to disprove my views??? Tut. Until you do, all you lot talk is hot air!!! Oh and bambi, do feel free to tell me the different ways babies of 4 months react to being placed in childcare... You'd accept the views of a teacher but not someone who's researched by taking samples of stress hormones and measuring them etc.... Interesting. Still I suppose teachers and crecheworkers can lie and fill in daily report sheets and reassure parents (oh and leave children alone in parks, remember Fairview????) Easier to hear than the truth from researchers.
Oh - so its not just creche workers - its teachers aswell. What are you going to do when its time for your dd to go to school, how will you trust a qualified teacher to look after her??? How long were you on this site yesterday afternoon, seems like an awfully long nap that your dd had????
Dcd Posts: 1471
I'm not wasting company time.. just my own! I'm a SAHM too.. just not a militant one!
Oh and what was that recent statistic... Over 80% of creches inspected in the western health board were deemed 'unsatisfactory'..... yes, I can see why you wouldn't agree with these type of stats... very unsettling indeed. Better to believe the creche workers that junior is happy, sure afterall, at 4 months, he can't say any different now can he????
Thanks Jane, yes, I'm so lucky, she's a great sleeper God bless her. Sleeps all night and loves a good 2.5 hours in the afternoon. So contented. but then we do so much every day, go different places, and meet people that she is tired out. I was referring to the teachers that Bambi brought up in her post.
Susan, You really do need to cop onto yourself - you can do research on creches - as someone who is so into research I would have thought you knew that. For example the creche where my daughter goes has all their inspections reports available for viewing etc. They are very open on when they have been inspected and the results of these inspections. It is up to us as working mothers to do the background research. Of course, you will probably suggest that these are all made along with the daily reports filled out by both creches and teachers. You really need to come down out of the clouds or do you really beleive the crap that is coming out of your mouth. Again, what will you do when dd has to go to school and you have to trust someone else to take care of her????