For Bambi06 - Page 9

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

halo Posts: 1406
your own children are a very emotive issue, and to think someone would try to put you down for the choices you have had to make in order to do what's best for your children given your own personal circustances is crazy. SusanD seems to have no tolerance for anyone who does not conform to her way of thinking, and either ignores pertinent questions or makes snide remarks by way of response. I cannot for the life of me understand why a mother would try to make other mothers feel horrible about the way they are raising their own children. Fair enough if they were actually bad mothers, abusing their kids, endangering their health/happiness, or were terribly unfit mothers for eg strung out most of the time on heroin or some other awful situation, but the truth of the matter is that most mothers are not like that, they have their children's best interests at heart, so why try to denigrate them in such a blind fashion? SusanD has not taken any other viewpoints on board, SHE SEES HERSELF AS BEING 100% RIGHT and other mothers as being 100% wrong. NO debate or discussion, just lectures. I have said myself on a number of occasions that I agree with her view that if you can afford it, it would be nice to be a SAHM for the first few years, but for quite a number of families in Ireland today, that's just not possible, so why try to make them feel as if they are wrong for doing their best to care for their families?
Dcd Posts: 1471
Actually we were working out the other day.. if we were trying to buy our house now our combined income would have to be a minimum of €60,000. I'm 28 and DH is 35(this week actually!) and if we were starting out now.. we'd have to wait at least another 10yrs before having kids!!!
Missy moo Posts: 3
zzzzzzzzzzz
Fairy snuffs! You on MM? Do pm me the goss! :lol:
clucky Posts: 26471
Dcd What are you doing up at this time of night???
I've been sick all day.. hence the 'spare time'. Ahh the joys of being a women! Can't go to sleep til the pain killers kick in :lol: And this 'topic' has been doing my head in all day!!!! Every time I relax for 5 mins I end up fuming again :evil: :roll: I should really just get over it! :lol:
yeah this topic was wrecking my head so as soon as I got home to mammy's(where I am staying tonight) I logged on even though they have th SLOWEST internet connection knowen to man hope you feel better
My connection keeps crapping out.. I think it may be telling me to feck off to bed! :lol:
ok well if i don't hit an interrnet cafe over the weekend see ya monday
Night.. DH is now snoring loudly on the couch.. I think I'll leave him there :twisted: