For IVF/FET ladies?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bourneidentity Posts: 265
Hi ladies, I just wondered, if you pay out 5000-6000 for IVF treatment and they fertilise & freeze a number of your embryos, do you have to pay another 5000-6000 euro to do Frozen embryo transfer after the first failed IVF cycle or if you were lucky enough to have a baby first time, then would you pay 5000-6000 to do FET for baby number 2??. I'm just wondering. Is an FET the same price as a "fresh" cycle?. Obviously the rewards are worth the money but it'd be nice to know how much I should budget. Thanks for your help.
CocoBeans Posts: 841
no, you don't! in the Hari it ranges from about 900 - 1400 from what I remember. There are possibly meds and bloods on top of this. You do have to pay for storage every year, it's about 300 in the Hari.
Thanks so much cocobeans, that does help greatly. Now just to get the money together for our first try! O:|
CocoBeans Posts: 841
Positive thinking Bourne! Hopefully you won't need a FET till baby no.2 :babydust: :babydust: :babydust:
amberjack Posts: 1273
As Cocobeans says, in Hari a frozen transfer is €900, if your snowbabies are day 2 or 3 day and you want to bring them to blast, it's an extra €500. You also have to factor in the EU bloods for storage which are €250 (€125 each) and meds are €120 with DP card and then another €120 if you get lucky and need to continue on with them. But definitely a lot cheaper and a lot easier going than a fresh cycle. I've just finished an FET and all going to plan, I'll have my second bundle of joy early August!
That's brilliant Amberjack, great news. It's great to hear about positive experiences. Hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months. Cocobeans, you're right Positive thinking and I'm all for that but I want to be realistic aswell. No point going into ICSI treatment with blind faith that we'll be having a baby 9 months later. Of course I'm sure everything will go according to plan but nothing wrong with having a back up plan too :)
lookin4help2010 Posts: 505
Dowser amerjack go u- congrats again! I wanted to ask your advise if that's ok. I had a miracle baby boy I June the result of my first FET after miscarrying the fresh ivf pregnancy 3 months earlier. U know all the mega prep for ivf well I assume you don't have to go to same lengths as your not creating the egg/embryos per say as already done so my Q is how did you prep for your FET- I just can't really rem iykwim? Thanks and congrats again xxx