for those who have been in Corfu

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

dita Posts: 960
So we have decided on Corfu for a hoilday but are very limited on Apts as its only Budget Travel flying that time of year, can't even get flight only The agent has said that there is Messonghi Guiova or Ipsos As a choice, can you tell me where ye think is best We are not really into mad drunken nights out on holiday we just like quiet and pretty places but still want to have access to bars etc....
Higgs particle Posts: 4557
I stayed in Ipos - its was quite enough but had the bars and places to eat. We don't like mental holidays either but loved there. It was off peak (late may) when we went, so it could be busier in peak season. I think it was Valotino's or something we stayed in - I loved it.
Senorita Posts: 3413
Hi there, I've not been to the resorts you've mentioned, but, afaik, Gouvia is under the flightpath, and very near the airport. I don't know if I'd stay there tbh - but I could be wrong about that. We passed through Ipsos on the way to Kassiopi, it's on the main road, there's a fab long beach. Messonghi is somewhere we would like to stay, in the future, from reading reports. Have a look at and - lots of info on resorts and accommodation. HTH :thnk
QueenofDiamonds Posts: 282
Dita, like Higgs we stayed in the "Valentinos Apartments" in Ipsos about 6 years ago. We had a 1st floor duplex overlooking the surrounding hills. The apartment complex is about a 15 minute walk through the town to the seafront and is set in nice gardens. WE stayed in May and Ipsos was fairly quiet but I believe can get busy and rowdy during the Summer. Depends on what you are into. WE found it was a good base as we were into walking and took off up the little byroads behind the apartments. AS a first visit I don't have too much fault with it though we did experience some noise from the pool bar in the early hours of the morning. We are going back again but doing it independently and staying in a tiny village! This seems to be the only way to see the best of what the island has to offer. WE liked Paleokastritsa on the West Coast