Ford Focus Salon Boot-suitable?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

NotHere Posts: 10273
Anyone got a Ford Focus Saloon? Is the boot big enough to fit all the babystuff in comfortably? We probably won't change cars until early next year but want to get some facts straight so we make the right choice.
jen2 Posts: 3106
Ford Focus saloon should be fine regarding boot space for a single buggy and a changing bag. cant see a problem there, unless you have a huge bulky buggy. Jen2
Thanks Jen. I want to keep whatever we get for a good few years so need to make the right choice. I love the VW Jetta's too...but we had a Focus Hatchback before and it was a great car.
jen2 Posts: 3106
Flutter, just remember you cant put a carry tot seat in the front passanger seat if you cant turn off the airbag. Can you do this in the Focus? or will you have to bring it to the garage to get it done. I know the VW's well as I sold them for over 3 years. They have a sitch in the glove box that allows you turn off the airbag, as aften as you require. They jetta is a lovely car. Acutally my Mum is waiting for her new Focus to arrive. Jen2
Jen, my current car (just a small hatchback) has the key thing for the airbag but thanks for the reminder because I'd have probably not thought of checking when looking for a new car. I'll put it on my checklist! I haven't test drove a Jetta yet, must do that one of the days. The focus was lovely to drive though.
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
We will be changing too and my main focus is a big boot! DH wants a jeep but im not too sure they are very costly...
I'd love a jeep too! Or an Audi! but like that, they are too expensive. I'm going to be sensible and get a nice family car that will keep us all safe and is reliable.
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
I dont like jeeps, my sister had a Landrover Discovery and its so high. I love Audi especially the new A5 coming out. Im getting a Lexus LS430 probably next year as it will have loads of room.
[quote="NotLongToGo":sk11x5d2] Im getting a Lexus LS430 probably next year as it will have loads of room.[/quote:sk11x5d2] Swoooooon......would you like to car-pool with me? Except we'll just use your car all the time instead!
breeze Posts: 1175
I was only thinking about that a few days ago, i knew about the air bag. i have a jeep at the moment which i love to bits but we are trying to sell it. But when we do sell it ill make sure and see if the buggie fits in the boot and the car seat fits too. I never had to do anything like this on my first, its amazing the things we needs to do :o0 :o0 oh and try to remember