Fota Island

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

LuckyYear2013 Posts: 3972
Anyone been? Would you recommend it? It looks fab No idea really where it is, would it be close enough to the Cork city? So I'd be able to pop in to do some shopping too?
happyfamily Posts: 3323
It's a lovely hotel. About 20 min drive to city centre i'd say
20 min drive is fine actually Have you been? Would you recommend it?
happyfamily Posts: 3323
I've been to lunch there once and a wedding there so I haven't seen the rooms or anything but it looks lovely. You should look up some reviews on tripadvisor. Think they have some great deals on DBB at the moment
have been on tripadvisor, and the reviews seem great alright, and there are a few deals on the website. Bit of a drive from Gaillimh, but wouldn't mind it if it's AMAZING :o0 Thanks Happyfamily :thnk
SandyClaws Posts: 3108
Oh sniper we just spent last weekend there!! The opulence of it!! Hotel itself is fab, the restaurant food was lovely but a bit fancy eg thee was pheasant and venison on the menu, myself and hubby got a shared fillet steak thing, it took ages but it was gorgeous, and in fairness it was 9.45 pm when we arrived and went to the restaurant. We went into cork the sat night for dinner in luigi's... The bedroom had massive bed, so big I hardly knew hubby was there!! The bathroom was out of this world, really deep bath, there was no taps just this waterfall type slot, and the shower had one of those tropical rain shower head things... Got it at 158 room only for the 2 night between us on laterooms.com and beeline was 16.50 each.... Any other questions just ask away, but I'd def be going back there, I was dying to get a massage but Im not the 12 weeks gone yet so they won't do it til then
oh thanks for all that feedback PrincessGoatTheDote, sounds like you had a fab weekend. Going to look into it a little bit more this evening and discuss it with my husband. Might get back to you with some questions then, if you don't mind, but you've made me even more interested in it now, thanks
Leftbank Posts: 2395
This hotel is amazing. i love it.. great choice..
vinoqueeno Posts: 3511
I've only been to the spa but it's amazing!! The relaxation room after your treatment is gorgeous...lovely beds with nice blankets to tuck yourself up after having your fresh fruit, juice & yoghurt...and that's all after your lovely treatment!! It's where I always go when I want to spoil myself with a massage/facial!
NAUGHTYDAISY Posts: 1734
I have never been but seen it when googling hotels a little while ago and quickly saved it to my favourites. It looks absolutely beautiful and the price was not too bad either.