Found out info I gave a wollie re swine flu is wrong

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

marleymoo Posts: 503
Hi girls I gave info a few weeks ago to a fellow wollie re swine flu jab that was correct at the time. We were in the same position in that we had both gotten jab last year and she was wondering if she was covered this year - I told her yes as this was the info I was given by my midwife, consultant, GP and occupational health nurse (I checked them all :-8 ) Anyway got a call from my GP surgery today to say Dept of Health guidelines have changed and pregnant woman who got the jab last year SHOULD now get it again. Apologies to the wollie I cant even remember who it was, I was goin on the info I had at the time :thnk
motherhubbard Posts: 3037
That is very sweet of you marleymoo (it wasn't me you told) but I would think that is not at all your fault.. We have all been saying for the last few days how frustrating it is because of the amount of conflicting info about the swine flu vaccine and the winter flu vaccine O:| I am getting mine tomorrow even though I was vaccinated last year :duh:
LuvHeart Posts: 129
My GP gave me a leaflet to read re flu vaccine. It says suitable for pregnant women from 2nd trimester onwards. I'm just in my 12th wk (first pregnancy) and have never had vaccine before. Should I wait a while longer to get it? I'm worried cause I know it takes a while to "kick in" but also don't wanna get it too early incase it affects baby's development....
DaisyB Posts: 1708
i am just after been at the doctors today for a check up and i asked about this and she said i was fine as i had the vaccine last time around she actually read it out of HSE notes that she had, and said they had just been discussing it earlier.. its so annoying why cant they all agree on it!!!!!!!!
marleymoo Posts: 503
Thanks Motherhubbard :thnk Sorry Luvheart I cant help you didnt look into when the best time to get it was as thought I was already covered! Maybe DaisyB its cos Im in the North and DoH guidelines havent changed in the South? Everytime I asked they took out a flowchart thing. I take it guidlines have changed due to increasing nos of cases and possibly for pregnant woman due to that poor girl in England who died recently after having her baby on 22nd Dec :o( Receptionist seemed to inducate the change in guidlines was v recent. Hard to know what to do right for oor babies :duh:
loopybride Posts: 169
do you know if you need to or should get the vaccine if your pretty sure you already had a dose of the flu/ h1n1?? not sure which one as was never swabbed??
nomla Posts: 787
[quote="LuvHeart":6vjnw9se]My GP gave me a leaflet to read re flu vaccine. It says suitable for pregnant women from 2nd trimester onwards. I'm just in my 12th wk (first pregnancy) and have never had vaccine before. Should I wait a while longer to get it? I'm worried cause I know it takes a while to "kick in" but also don't wanna get it too early incase it affects baby's development....[/quote:6vjnw9se] Hiya In the hospital today I asked was it ok for me at 37 weeks to get it and the doctor advised that once you were 14 weeks or more it was fine.
Gingham Posts: 3014
[quote="DaisyB":3o5naz4o]i am just after been at the doctors today for a check up and i asked about this and she said i was fine as i had the vaccine last time around she actually read it out of HSE notes that she had, and said they had just been discussing it earlier.. its so annoying why cant they all agree on it!!!!!!!![/quote:3o5naz4o] I was at my gps today and was told the exact same thing...my gp seemed 100% confident on it... O:| O:|
dhidra Posts: 3147
FFS! >:o( Not to you marleymoo, to all the medical professionals! It was the same this time last year, noone seemed to know if you needed a second jab or not. I got the vaccine and so did DS. We got a letter for a second appointment for DS, so DH took a day off work to bring him; only to be told when he got there, oh no he doesn't need a second dose. O:|
redrobin Posts: 428
[quote="deliriouslyhappy":37yep4cu][quote="DaisyB":37yep4cu]i am just after been at the doctors today for a check up and i asked about this and she said i was fine as i had the vaccine last time around she actually read it out of HSE notes that she had, and said they had just been discussing it earlier.. its so annoying why cant they all agree on it!!!!!!!![/quote:37yep4cu] I was at my gps today and was told the exact same thing...my gp seemed 100% confident on it... O:| O:|[/quote:37yep4cu] So was my GP, so I didn't get it this time. I mentioned it at the hospital last week and they said that the swine flu injection from last season would provide 80-90% coverage for this season as it's a slightly different version. I was still happy at that but it's so frustrating how no one is in agreement.