Foundation for oily skin?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Paddy Whack Posts: 1399
Hi all, I always thought I had normal skin but I was told by a Bobbi Brown counter assistant that I have dry skin. I'm a bit confused because I always end up with the shiny face syndrome so surely I have oily skin?! The foundation I bought from her even went shiny after an hour. I'm sick of using loose powder as it can make you look like Sideshow Bob. Any recommendations for really natural matte foundations that stay on for hours? Cheers :wv
Barbara Ann Posts: 1032
Hi Paddywhack, You could try Lancome make up. If your from Dublin you could ring Arrnots and arrange a make up trial in the store to see what suits you. Lancome have different foundations to suit different skin types. My skin was very dry so I've been using Photogenic for years but my skin is changing now so I think I might need the Definitive range. The girls in Arnotts will advise you on whats best. Hope this helps. :wv
Paddy Whack Posts: 1399
[quote="Barbara Ann":2xq9h8x5]Hi Paddywhack, You could try Lancome make up. If your from Dublin you could ring Arrnots and arrange a make up trial in the store to see what suits you. Lancome have different foundations to suit different skin types. My skin was very dry so I've been using Photogenic for years but my skin is changing now so I think I might need the Definitive range. The girls in Arnotts will advise you on whats best. Hope this helps. :wv[/quote:2xq9h8x5] Hi there, I'll do that - thanks very much for your reply :thnk
sorchabride Posts: 163
I've oily skin and I swear by Chanel Double Perfection. It's creamy (v unusual for oily skin foundations) and when it goes on, it goes kind of powdery. Great coverage too. If your skin's only getting oily lately, it might just be hormones or your skin changing, but it might be worth re-checking what you're using on your skin - have you changed moisturiser?
Anonymous Posts: 24542
Estee Lauder Double Wear - I'm a convert! Also try Lancome T Zone on the oily bits. I think it's called T zone anyway, but it's very good.
mini Posts: 18
I have combination skin - I think Lancome Adaptive is quite good and I use MAC studio fix for touch ups. I think Lancome has good colours for typical Irish skin tones. apparently Clarins, for example, is more for sallow skin colours. :wv
sue27 Posts: 604
I love Mac Studio Fix. I got it for my wedding day, and I'm sticking with it. also try and use an oil free moisturizer.
Roro07 Posts: 7
Try Georgio Armani cosmetics. They have a sheer matte foundation which sits really well on oily skin. You get them in brown thomas Dublin and in Dublin airport. They offer a free makeup application if you spend 25 euro or more (the foundation was about 32 or so) and they are quite good so it's worth doing just to get some ideas. Maybe go get it the afternoon before a party or night out. (Remember they get commission and are under pressure to make a sales target, don't buy stuff just because it looks good when applied by a makeup artist). Best time to go is when they aren't busy, they get bored standing around waiting for customers on a Tuesday afternoon and so will spend more time with you and put more effort in. They do samples but often don't have the pots so bring a little tub in case you want something else. ( they do a pretty sort of liquid blusher thing called fluid sheer and it looks great when it's blended over your foundation. Having said that, I don't think the makeup application is done a lot at the airport and it's cheaper there. About 28. Also try online!
mad woman Posts: 22106
I use chanel double perfection, cream to powder, you only need a little and it gives great coverage and lasts for hours.
ANAIS21 Posts: 2401
[quote="Pomegranate":2qbyi7of]Estee Lauder Double Wear - I'm a convert! [/quote:2qbyi7of][list:2qbyi7of] I second this.. My sister has really oily skin and she swear by Elizabeth Ardens flawless finish..[/list:u:2qbyi7of]