freaked out!!!!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs Ram Posts: 1705
i was just browsing on,old forums and read a thread that my hotel for reception is apparantly up for sale. its the setanta house hotel.. anyone heard this im freking here its 10.45 so prob too late to ring now.
kitten Posts: 893
ring now! there's probably a receptionist until eleven, or at least a night porter. let us know.
Abi2 Posts: 26
It's true. Heard from a friend in the business a few weeks ago
rang and receptionist said she "thinks" all the weddings will be ok it will "probably be just a change of ownership" think i need another drink
Abi2 Posts: 26
I'm sure it will be grand. She said the same thing, just a changeover.
im having visions of us having our recption in the local community centre!!
NotHere Posts: 10273
Don't worry, I'm sure the new owners wouldn't want to loose the business that a wedding would bring to them. It'll be ok. You should try to get in touch with the banquet manager or someone else who is in charge with the weddings to be sure.
im going to ring the wedding coordinator on monday to find out what the story is. the current owner is supposed to be a right pr*ck so maybe the new one will be better, if they change prices do i pay the new ones or the rates i got?
im going to ring the wedding coordinator on monday to find out what the story is. the current owner is supposed to be a right pr*ck so maybe the new one will be better, if they change prices do i pay the new ones or the rates i got?
NotHere Posts: 10273
Hmmm, tricky one. Maybe you should get a signed document from the co-ordinator with the prices etc on it so if they do try to change things you'll have something to throw back to them?