Freaking out just a little bit.

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Psycho Sue Posts: 1875
Hi ladies, I just need to say this post this up, hoping that it will relieve my anxieties a wee bit. I have a babs (7 months old), went on the mini-pill 21 days after having him as per doc's suggestion. I was on this for 6 month and just before baby turned 6 months old, I got my first period. Exactly 4 weeks later I got another period, which was grand. But at the time I got this second period, I was going to start on my normal pill, but as it came bang on time, and I didn't have my perscription I didn't start taking the pack. So I said I'd wait till I get my next period, as you are supposed to take it the first day you get your period. Problem is, I didn't get my period yet! I'm now over 8 days late, and completely starting to freak out about being preggers again. I haven't dont a pregnancy test, as to be completely honest, I'm afraid it will be positive. I don't feel pregnant at all, but I'm well concerned now that I might well be even tho me and hubby hardle dtd, and when we did we were pretty careful! Has anyone gone through this? sue
bolababy Posts: 706
The progesterone only pill can play havoc with your cycles and can delay bleeds etc. Do a test. It will probably reassure you.
candypants Posts: 8575
Either way you need to know. Do a test - and then work with the results once you know, weather that's BFP or BFN. There is no real reason for missing periods so you should find out asap. Best of luck with it, hope its the result you want.
mrswhits Posts: 277
Not meaning to worry you unneccesarily but I got pregnant last year on the progesterone pill (doc was surprised but it can happen) - do the test and face it, at least then you'll know what you're dealing with. My ds was only 6 months at the time and I completely panicked and freaked out, then I came around to it but my little bean didn't last :o( i can't help feeling so guilty for how I reacted, I blame myself a bit. Now you may not be pregnant at all, but I just want to say that if you are, you'll cope with it :thnk But either way, stop worrying yourself and do the test :action32
Psycho Sue Posts: 1875
hey ladies, thanks for all your replies. I bit the bullet this evening, and did a test. It was negative. I'm quite relieved to say the least. It'll happen again when the time is right please god. Just now wondering when I'll get my monthlies??? whats going on with my body at all... Thanks again for the responses. Sue