Freezer Storage.

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

dublinredhead Posts: 917
Just a quick question for ye. How long would ye leave food in the freezer for - like raw meat and stuff like that. Like how long is too long!!!
galwaygirl2010 Posts: 2447
Depending on the star rating of your freezer, anywhere from 1 month to 6 months. For higher star freezers you can store for up to 6 months. Lower star freezers should store food for 1-3 months. If you have the instruction manual for the freezer it should say what type of freezer it is. My mother usually stores food for no more than 3 months.
ianstuart Posts: 1947
I have 2 freezers , one attached to the fridge but i also have a large deep freezer , i would only freeze food in the small freezer for 3 months max but in my deep freeze i would have food in there for about 6 -8 months. Every few months i would have a large freezer clear out and for a few days only eat food from there. Im a bit odd about my deep freeze , i have everything in lunch boxes with stickers with name and date on the top and maybe some cooking instructions inside .I also have red meet to the left and chicken to the right with chips , garlic bread , veg etc etc in the middle . I worked in catering for years so this comes very easy to me and i have it all done before i even realise.