Frequent bowel movements....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

xx fairy mommy xx Posts: 1833
I know I know I'm over analysing everything at the mo but just wondering...i have been having a hell of a lot of bowel movements recently - practically as often as I need to pee and while I had read this was normal before labour I thought it was loose bowel movements I had to be on the look out for! BMs are not loose but frequent all the same - are frequent but not loose BMs a sign of labour or just of a very healthy appetite??? I think I'm clutching at straws when chances are I'll still be pregnant in 2 weeks time..... :o(
sunny1 Posts: 995
Hi fairymommy, you're very close to meeting your little baba (that's if ye havent already met by time you read this) At about 38 and half weeks I was like that, very frequent bowel movements, not loose either but almost every time I went to loo! I went in to be induced at 39 weeks but doc said my body was ready to go and I kindof felt that too. I definitely feel it was a sign for me that my body was getting ready for labour. Best of luck, such an exciting time :)
xx fairy mommy xx Posts: 1833
Thanks sunny1 find that very encouraging! Between the strong braxton hicks, lightning pains, back ache and BMs I feel more than ready to go but unfortunately patience is a virtue I don't have!! If I could only take couple of days at a time time would fly but of course ive already added 2 weeks on to due date as maximum I will be pregnant for so am driving myself mad!! Hospital appointment tomorrow so hopefully will have a similar story to yours! Bet all this seems like a distant memory to you with your little man O-O