Friends anniversaries...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Ellefun Posts: 1312
Do you mark friends wedding anniversaries? If so, is a card, present or a quick text? So far we only have a handful of friends who took the plunge, of whcih we were 1st in the group. I've sent cards and a small token for the 1st wedding anniversary... It did get me thinking though... one friend has a child with his girlfriend but none of us mark their relationship anniversaries. We do all remember the LO and get him cards and presents. Is it unfair that just because someone doesn't have the cert we all forget about them? Then again we didn't mark anyone elses anniversaries when they were dating. I'm probably overthinking it...
mrs mammy Posts: 1487
We (or I should say I!) always just send a card for the first anniversary. I dont send one every year after that though. Im sure the cards and presents for your friends lo is lots.
ott Posts: 3920
I like to send a card for the first anniversary, but that's it. I would send a text if I remember anniversaries after that.
Penny Hill Posts: 1898
Only one of my friends is married, and i send a card every year. A few friends are getting married between this and next year, and will also send them one every year.
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
[quote="ott":2k4hs63c]I like to send a card for the first anniversary, but that's it. I would send a text if I remember anniversaries after that.[/quote:2k4hs63c] Me too.
paperclips Posts: 3146
I'd usually send a text to acknowledge anniversaries, its normally too late to send a card by the time I remember. We got a couple of cards from friends who remembered our first anniversary which was a lovely thought